Ideas are everything to you. You take your laptop with you everywhere. You relentlessly doodle, scribble, colour, design, sketch, write, and rhyme. You analyze and critique every billboard, pop-up ad, Google search, contest, radio jingle, and print ad you see. You’re fascinated by the psychology of human behavior and are in relentless pursuit of insights and truths. You have a passion for creating connections based on value, quality and responsiveness while driving creative excellence and execution. We’re looking for a forward-thinker (and forward-doer) who perpetuates a constant state of evolution and innovation to deliver cutting edge solutions. Someone who can roll up their sleeves and is willing to do everything to make sure the AMA experience is heads above the rest. If this sounds like you – you need to talk to us.
WHAT MOVES YOU
- You’re a spirited team leader who knows how to inspire and mentor your team and you don’t mind getting your hands dirty either.
- You’re imaginative and innovative and believe that great brands tell amazing stories.
- You believe that the best creative work, regardless of channel, starts with an immutable customer insight or truth.
- You’re used to taking a collaborative approach and have a track record of building strong partnerships internally and externally.
- You’re both a right- and left-brained thinker. Your innovative side is balanced by your analytical abilities.
- You’re a shape shifter, you love trying new things and stepping out in a limb – knowing sometimes the cradle will fall so you can quickly shift concepts to ensure the client’s needs are met.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Drive the strategies that address customer needs and business goals across all marketing channels.
- Own the insights and direction of creative briefs, drive the creative aspects from conception to execution to assure earnings, growth, and profit goals are achieved.
- Lead and partner with multidisciplinary teams including all creative disciplines, technology, planning, account and product managers, partners and internal clients.
- Develop, monitor and modify the creative department staffing strategies and plans including team composition and effectiveness.
- Extend and enhance our established brand to ensure its ongoing effectiveness.
- Engage and inform Marketing, Media, Technology, Research and Analytics, Usability and Quality Assurance to maximize results and ensure client and member satisfaction with all executions.
- Proactively manage the efficiency of the creative process including determining appropriate workflow and collaboration tools.
- Earn the trust and respect of a multi-disciplinary group of creative resources and rally them around a common vision of accountability, creativity and results.
WHAT YOU'VE DONE
- You have a strong multi-channel creative portfolio that includes 6+ years integrated design/marketing/communications/interactive work experience and 6+ years of art direction or copywriting experience.
- You’ve developed end-to-end integrated marketing campaigns, led strategic brainstorming sessions, developed creative briefs and directed creative execution.
- You’ve had experience reporting to Senior Executive Management Teams.
- You have leadership experience in user-centred design and target profiling.
- You possess a thorough understanding of interactive communications, processes, and user interface design as well as industry best practices.
- You have hands on experience managing diverse groups of creative people either at an agency or with an in-house brand. You’re a natural collaborator who combines all the skills of coach, critic, teacher and director all at once.
- You’ve the ability to lead projects from concept to completion.
- You have experience with financial management along with P&L accountabilities.
- Above all … you have a history of proven results … of making the products and services you have worked on and companies you have worked for better, stronger, more loved and more purchased.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.