MRD-Music Revenue Data Inc. is the leading Global Royalty Manager for Film and TV music trusted by some of the world's most successful composers and Film/TV music publishers.
MRD, located in North York, is seeking a Creative Data Manager. This position requires an experienced organizer with computer science background or royalty management work within the music and/or music publishing industry. The proprietary software, database and operations of the MRD system would be under your control. Quick adaptation and understanding of operations to provide the right paths for solutions within our system is your core value to MRD operations. The successful candidate will be trained in the MRD process.
Experience & Qualifications:
- 5+ years working experience in the field of data management, data processing and analysis
- Post Secondary Education
- Must have Analytical Skills
- Strong work ethic with a willingness to learn and perform tasks outside of daily duties
- Ability to organize, prioritize and multi-task and work under deadlines/pressure
- Expert knowledge of Access, Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Possess Strong Communication Skills both verbal and written
- Flexibility and ability to manage change, and work within close quarters.
- Knowledge of music royalty collection systems is preferred, but not mandatory
- Must have an ability to work with and consistently reconcile large data sets
- Must be fluent in English
Responsibilities will include: (MTP refers to expectations after MRD Training Process)
- Manage all aspects of royalty collection data from within MRD system. (MTP)
- Manage the data entry of statements from Performing Rights Societies and Global Partners(MTP)
- Manage MRD system for creating and verifying music cue sheet(MTP)
- Produce high quality reports, analyze data, and identify trends as directed by MRD.
- Reconcile and compare royalty statements. (MTP)
- Create Airplay Reports (MTP)
- Work with executives to improve efficiency and operational processes
- Support development and on-going maintenance of MRD Database System
- Support ideas and day-to-day responsibilities of executive team