Closing Date: September 21, 2017
Helping Albertans achieve their dreams by turning the complex world of banking into brilliantly simple solutions. That’s ATB. Is that you?
Creative Content Producer
“Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try” – Dr. Seuss
At ATB we’re all about creating content that informs, entertains, and connects Albertans on multiple platforms province wide. Do you want to be part of all this, and think you have the ability and drive to keep pace with this exciting, ever-changing industry? Whether it be on a video or photo shoot, you would be joining a team that thrives on making the connections and telling the stories that are important to Albertans.
Arguably the most important person on any production set is the Creative Content Producer. Charged with preparing for the worst and having a back up plan to a backup plan, a producer is responsible for making sure any video or photographic shoot happens efficiently and effectively. They ensure that work is delivered on time, to the required level of quality, and within budget.
The Creative Content Producer handles pre-production through to post-production on a project so that the creative team can focus on the vision, idea and craft: casting, resourcing, planning, preparing, investing, paperwork, contracts, permits, and the budget management. The producer must have a practical solution for everything — often on the fly. You will see a shoot through execution by pulling together all the various elements (travel, studio, hair, makeup, wardrobe, props, locations, sets, talent, etc.) with input from our creative team and clients.
You will find success based on your abilities in the following areas:
- Acts as a liaison between all video creatives, account managers and external resources.
- Scopes out and determine the feasibility of producing final creative work in a variety of formats.
- Sources quotes and estimates for production work.
- Negotiates with external suppliers, including agents representing artists.
- Ensures the correct licensing of artistic material across all formats and locations within agreed timeframes.
- Acts as a primary point of contact for ongoing projects, serving as the lead in communicating client needs to the creative team and creative team needs to the client.
- Understands and communicate client needs to the internal team and to third-party vendors.
- Effectively executes project plans throughout the life of assigned projects according to established procedures.
- Manages, monitors, maintains, and communicates the project scope within the team.
- Acts as the Production Lead for all video and photo shoots.
- Works with Multimedia Content Developer, Brand Strategy and Social teams to direct projects on a conceptual level, manage process, and execute through design, photography or video.
- During production, works with Director to ensure that a production is completed on time and within budget while ensuring that the pre-established creative integrity of a production is maintained, protected and delivered.
- Facilitates and is an active participant in both client and internal meetings.
- Creates solid project plans and produces both top-down and bottom-up budgets that supports client interests.
- Oversees allocation of resources to maximize value while minimizing costs.
- Works with community and other video services contacts to create and build strong working relationships.
- Establishes quality control guidelines, standards and processes to continually improve content created internally through Channel 21, as well as with external partners.
- Forecasts, tracks and manages project budgets and revenue, POs and invoices.
- Identifies, analyzes, prioritizes, mitigates and communicates project risks.
- Accountable for maintaining relationships, client satisfaction and management of expectations while ensuring that the work is on strategy, on time, and on budget, and that projects are actualized, well documented, archived and closed.
- Cultivates strong relationships with all internal departments including creative teams, media teams, and account teams, as well as industry partners.
- Maintains quality standards across the production of all creative work.
As the ideal candidate you possess:
- 3-7 years experience managing a variety of video productions.
- Post-secondary education in marketing, communications or a related field, and/or equivalent experience.
- Experience in leading conversations with clients around scope of work, schedule/work backs and budget, as well as roadmaps, objectives, and strategies.
- Experience working with Content Management Systems, strong knowledge of Workfront is an asset.
- A keen creative eye, with an understanding of the importance of technical production standards, good storytelling, strong budget skills and an understanding of video formats and deliveries.
- Have great organizational and logistics skills, and the ability to manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Ability to collaborate within a high performing industry leading team.
- Know about history and trends in video, photography, advertising and design.
- Strong understanding of motion graphics, video production, and editing workflows.
- Ability to advise clients in best practices and an inherent ability to understand what drives project success.
- Must be responsive, receptive to feedback, a self-starter, problem solver and an excellent communicator.
- Ability to develop solutions and drive consensus in a diplomatic, professional and timely manner.
So what can ATB Financial offer you? Imagine paying less for your everyday banking, mortgages, loans and investments. Throw in an excellent benefits and pension package, opportunities for career advancement, and a financial institution that’s leading the way in change – now you’re talking about a career with a company that allows you to grow. As an award-winning employer-of-choice – we have the best of the best working for Albertans. Sound like a team you want to be a part of?