Salary: $85,000.00 - $100,000.00/Annually
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Comprehensive benefits package and performance based bonus available
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: (1225)
1818 Cornwall Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6J 1E3 Canada
Reporting to the Manager of Sourcing, the Costing Engineer will be the costing expert for lululemon sourcing. He/She will develop and maintain the Product Costing and Education plan for short, mid and long term basis in accordance to global sourcing strategy. CE will liaise with lululemon source base and implement efficiency on SMV, Yields and usage. The Costing Engineer will work closely with Sourcing Managers and vendors to meet seasonal Margin goals. In addition, this role will require occasional domestic and international travel.
Founded in 1998 in beautiful Vancouver, BC lululemon athletica creates components to live longer, healthier more fun lives.
We are the Sourcing Department. We manage the relationship with our apparel & accessories vendors & ensure that lululemon has best in the world manufacturers. We work cross-functionally across the entire product team to ensure product meets our business strategy, quality & cost goals. We then work with our vendors to make those products a reality.
a day in the life of a Costing Engineer
- Analyze cost sheet data at key GTM gates and provide recommendation and margin improvement plan for season.
- Perform a variety of cost engineering and validation functions encompassing estimating, cost control, forecasting, cost reporting, engineering to cost.
- Perform motion analysis studies, yield analysis, product costing, garment construction and apparel design.
- Build standards around Product Costing around SMV, fabric and trims usage, labor rate and implement within source base.
- Product Engineering –evaluating manufacturing feasibility, and optimizing material utilization.
- Conduct country cost comparisons, maintain cost history and costing database and ensure accuracy of the data.
- Be a leader, lead and support projects around process efficiency, costing tools, capability improvements, sourcing strategy etc.
- Be a resource to Sourcing Manager to validate cost components and negotiate with vendors.
- On-board new vendors successfully towards costing expectations and process.
- This position will work one 4-hour shift per quarter on the retail floor
The finer print
- You have 8-10 years experience working closely & building relationships with off-shore manufacturers
- You are an expert in SMV, Marker efficiencies
- Preferably you are a GSD certified and can challenge manufacturing world on SMV negotiation.
- You understand labour rates globally and analyzing Markers is your best past time.
- You are a multi-task master & can handle multiple projects working with a variety of cross-functional partners
- You are confident in your strengths, always open to challenges and prefer negotiating face to face
- Excel is your best friend