Welcome to Brazeau County, the heart of west-central Alberta! Brazeau County is a land where industry and commerce join forces with outdoor recreation adventures and western culture to create a vibrant and thriving community.
‘Welcome Home’ is the motto for Brazeau County and we mean it! Brazeau County is a fantastic place to make your home. With a growing economy, beautiful countryside, excellent recreational opportunities and friendly people, we are conveniently located within reach of Edmonton and Red Deer.
Brazeau County is seeking a creative-thinking professional to join their team as Corporate Communications Coordinator in Brazeau County, AB.
In this role, you will execute long and short-term communication and marketing plans relevant to the County’s strategic plan. This will specifically include:
- Managing the development of County communication and marketing products including flyers, brochures, posters, publications, multimedia, digital tools, and the corporate image photo library;
- Facilitating market research to better understand the market place and target audiences;
- Playing a lead role in managing the County’s website and social media platforms;
- Monitoring issues affecting the County at the local, provincial, and national level and disseminating this information via the appropriate media to relevant stakeholders;
- Assisting with public relations initiatives within the County;
- Creating, managing and implementing PR campaigns with the goal of enriching the County’s position within the public eye; and
- Maintaining strong relationships with media representatives.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have a post-secondary education in communications, business, marketing, public relations, or graphic design. Three to five years of related experience, preferably in a municipal environment or the public sector is a definite asset. We will also consider an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Your highly developed verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills will allow you to effectively communicate with members of Council, regional partners, the media, the public and staff. Along with a high degree of computer proficiency, you have advanced skills in word processing, graphic design, presentation and e-mail software and knowledge of online marketing and communications practices using available technology such as website content management, online advertising, etc.
Able to maintain confidentiality as well as influence and encourage others to participate in communications for the municipality, you are experienced in administering surveys including related research.
As our ideal candidate, you will be a creative thinker with strong writing abilities and proven priority-setting, planning, and organizational skills along with the ability to meet deadlines and a strong attention to detail. A valid driver’s licence is required.
Knowledge of Federal and Provincial legislation regarding access and appropriate release of public information and familiarity with the Municipal Government Act(MGA) and the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIP) are assets.
The deadline for applications is October 16, 2015 or until a suitable candidate is found.
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with a highly attractive annual salary of $67,460 - $89,948 , as well as an extensive range of benefits, including:
- Comprehensive Health Benefits (100% paid by employer);
- Pension Plan (employer contributes 1% more than employee);
- 3 Weeks Paid Vacation (to start);
- Relocation Assistance on offer for the right candidate;
- Professional Development costs covered for approved courses;
- Enjoy a Healthy Work/Life Balance with an 8am-5pm workday;
- Flex Day Program (paid day off every 3 weeks); and
- 2 Wellness Programs - $300 reimbursement annually and free access to community gym facilities!
You can also look forward to joining an innovative organization with a friendly and family-oriented culture. Working alongside a collaborative team, you will thrive in our inclusive, supportive and professional environment.