At ICBC, it’s our job to make sure the car insurance system works for all British Columbians, today and in the future. If you want to make the most of your skills and expertise while growing your career, we want you. A career at ICBC is an opportunity to be part of a talented, diverse and inclusive team that is driven to serve its customers and community. You can expect a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and a collaborative work environment. If you are reliable and dependable, contact us today to be part of our talented and diverse team as we work together to create an insurance system we can all be proud of.
We welcome applications from all qualified job seekers. If you are a job seeker with a disability, please let us know as adjustments can be made to help support you in delivering your best performance.
We are looking for a talented Copywriter who loves to simplify the complex, understands customer-centric communication for large corporations and/or government and enjoys working in a cross-functional group to join our Creative Services team at our
North Vancouver Head Office. This is a unique opportunity to create friendly, straightforward content for a range of external and internal audiences, including ICBC’s customers, business partners and employees.
With proven experience writing in a customer-centric environment, the Copywriter will write and edit copy for a variety of communication channels (including advertisements, reports, newsletters, website copy, video scripts, and social media) and marketing deliverables. The ideal candidate has a passion for collaboration, experience working with brand standards and writing guidelines, and the ability to distil complex concepts into effective, understandable, and compelling content.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create clear and compelling copy to engage and inform internal and external audiences, in consistent and appropriate styles across a range of corporate marketing and communications materials.
- Review and edit the work of distributed authors to maintain consistency in design, terminology and tone of voice, as well as compliance with corporate brand standards. Support the evolution of ICBC’s writing community by being a resource for others in the organization.
- Facilitate meetings and brainstorming sessions with internal clients to understand specific industry concepts/language, data and insights to help in the development of campaigns and communications.
- Provide advice on the best approach to meet business objectives through the written word.
- Interpret creative briefs for concept development needs, product/services campaigns, or communications. This includes determining objective, target audiences, industry requirements and research.
- Support governance standards for content, including conducting audits and reviews.
- Plan priorities and adapt to changing demands and schedules.
Knowledge of the following areas is required:
- Principles and practices of writing and editing for a variety of channels, from promotional to informational.
- Skills and experience to think strategically, and to contribute creative ideas and concepts in collaboration with other team members
- Experience linking corporate business functions and objectives with content creation
- Experience creating and socializing brand standards and content style guides
- Understanding of best practices in content for marketing, communications, and campaigns
- Knowledge of social media and content marketing
- Knowledge of communication tools, technologies and industry trends
The above requirements would typically be met through completion of post-secondary education in journalism, English, communications, marketing or related discipline and several years of related experience.
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Continuous Learning: We offer continuous learning opportunities to ensure you are equipped with the knowledge to be successful in your role.
- Flexible Working Arrangements: We offer flexible working arrangements as we continue to support our employees in balancing their career and personal commitments, including a combination of in-office and remote work on a weekly basis.
- Engaging Culture: We promote an inclusive and diverse work environment.
We welcome applications from all qualified job seekers. If you are a job seeker with a disability, please let us know as adjustments can be made to help support you in delivering your best performance. We look forward to discussing what options we can provide for your unique needs.
Only candidates legally entitled to work in Canada will be considered for this position.