Ever heard of a Customs Broker? If you’ve answered no, you are not alone. Although you may never hear of one, nearly every product you’ve purchased has likely arrived in your hands through the good people who specialize in this field! We are the service that every company doesn't know they need. Our group of companies specializes in helping people do business internationally, importing their goods into Canada and the US, shipping goods worldwide, and all the other details that fall in between. Call us global trade aficionados or geeks that love a good Free Trade Agreement showdown between two nations. Either way, we’re at the forefront of the Canadian and US economies and the ebbs and flows of international freight movements, and we love it.
We are looking for an In-House Content Writer to join our marketing team and create channels in which people and companies can find our solutions. You will work with a team of motivated and enthusiastic people to enrich our websites with new copy, blog posts, guides, and general marketing copy.
Your responsibilities include finding new content opportunities through keyword research, interviewing in-house industry experts, conducting thorough research on industry-related topics, generating ideas for new content types, and proofreading articles before publication.
If you’re familiar with producing online content and have an eye for detail, we’d like to meet you. After all, who wants to write for an industry EVERYONE already knows about!?!
Feel free to share samples of your work or portfolio of your published articles, along with your application.
Ultimately, you’ll deliver quality writing pieces that appeal to our audiences, attract customers and boost brand awareness.
- Analyze Analytics and Search Search Console data for content opportunities
- Practice SEO in all content created for web
- Research industry-related topics (combining online sources, interviews, and studies)
- Write clear marketing copy to promote our products/services
- Proofread and edit blog posts before publication
- Submit work to editors for input and approval
- Coordinate with marketing and design teams to illustrate articles
- Identify customers’ needs and gaps in our content and recommend new topics
- Ensure all-around consistency with brand guidelines
- Update website content as needed
- Rework existing content for better lead generation
- Work with our website editor and Content Management Systems to publish content
- Staying on top of international trade issues in the news and writing about their effects on global trade
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Content Writer or similar role
- Proven success with SEO and Google AdWords
- Portfolio of published articles
- Experience doing research using multiple sources
- Familiarity with web publications
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English
- Hands-on experience with website builders
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Work well with teams