The Content Strategist leads the creation and implementation of the content strategy and content management practice for eGaming. The role defines content standards to support key business objectives, and defines processes and policies to enable rapid adoption of new content specifications in response to stakeholder and customer demand.
The Content Strategist works with user experience and project teams to ensure content meets the needs of all internal stakeholders and provides an outstanding customer experience.
- Leads the modernization of BCLC’s content strategy and content management practice for eGaming.
- Drives the vision, development and organization of content that is useful, compelling and meaningful across BCLC’s digital properties. Develops content guidelines for voice, tone, legal and regulatory concerns.
- Looks for opportunities to improve User Experience (UX), Customer Experience (CX), mobile, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) performance and accessibility through content optimization.
- Evangelizes best practices for achieving a user-centered design process with project teams; negotiating on behalf of the user throughout the design process.
- Creates user flows, information hierarchies and content strategies in support of campaigns, new game/product launches and ongoing improvement initiatives.
- Creates and refines low- to high-fidelity interface design concepts via wireframes and/or interactive prototypes for the information architecture, navigational models, process flows, page layout, information displays, and interactional components based on user research.
- Develops content strategy documents – Audits, Requirements, Competitive Analyses, Gap Analyses, Personas, Scenarios, etc.
- Writes compelling copy, CTAs, editorial, taxonomy and nomenclature to improve the usability of websites.
- Designs content and editorial workflows for content management systems.
- Writes or edits metadata, titles, alt text and edits general content to optimize for SEO and accessibility.
- Prepares and facilitates content workshops.
- Participates in defining, planning, executing, and reporting on user testing activities in order to validate proposed designs; collaborates with user experience and project teams to determine priorities for resolution of usability problems to optimize design.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Education and Experience
- Degree in Communications, Human- Computer Interaction, UX, CX, or similar field;
- 4 - 6 years’ current related experience, including experience in a project leadership role;
- Experience working with Content Management Systems (CMS) such as: WordPress, Adobe, Drupal, etc.;
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Broad knowledge of user research methodology and best practices and able to understand and translate user research findings into design solutions;
- Demonstrated experience designing for different devices and screen sizes; and in developing functional specifications, wireframes, site maps and prototypes;Able to quickly visualize concepts through sketching or other rapid prototyping methods;
- Proficiency with design and prototyping tools (PhotoShop, Illustrator, Axure, OmniGraffle, Sketch or Adobe XD); Familiarity with agile development methods an asset;
- Strong skills in mediating and resolving competing requirements and designs;
- Strong verbal, written, and visual presentation skills, able to defend ideas and results of observed interface problems;
- Ability to work to deadlines and time constraints; act on own initiative, exercise sound judgment, prioritize work, collaborate to properly complete tasks, work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail; and be self-motivated, work independently, and as part of a team;
- Excellent business acumen, problem solving and decision making skills in a technical environment;;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications;
- Understanding of B.C. gaming industry and strong knowledge of online gambling an asset.