Campus Support is a centralized service centre that supports its clients in making students the number one priority. We are committed to delivering essential operational, marketing and leadership support that enables each campus team to provide an exceptional educational experience. We are happy to say that we are looking for a Content Specialist to join our Marketing team!
The primary purpose of the Content Specialist is to plan, develop, and execute content in support of current marketing strategies, search engine optimization and revenue growth. You will also ensure marketing content is written with the brand in mind and guaranteeing the best user experience across all platforms.
The responsibilities of this position include development of content for our current web sites with emphasis on SEO, marketing collateral, social media, and other communications. You must be creative, process-orientated and able to support marketing strategy. Specifically, this position is responsible for the following:
- Creating content for marketing collateral to include brochures, direct mail pieces, print advertisements, customer success stories, news stories, newsletters, email campaigns, press releases and media pitches, multimedia presentations, sales material and corporate pitches, proposals and presentations;
- Managing the development of web site content;
- Acting as a storyteller by creating and curating shareable content for web, social and offline initiatives. Develop compelling, dynamic content that inspires and drives positive engagement in our college brands with the end goal of developing brand loyalty;
- Proactively manage social media engagement including conversations, feedback and questions, identifying any that would require attention;
- Managing consistent corporate and social media communications;
- Cross-functionally managing, within the marketing team, a coordinated editorial calendar of themes, content and messaging, including social posts and web content based on a defined content strategy;
- Implementing the content processes, create content that drives a consistent and relevant message across all communication channels;
- Working with 3rd party writers, videographers, photographers and other vendors in development of content;
- Collaborating with campus stakeholders to create and provide relevant marketing collateral for individual campus needs;
- Developing, promoting and maintaining brand image, marketing strategies, and online sales;
- Proofing, editing and correcting content errors.
To be successful in the Content Writer position, an individual must be committed to developing, maintaining and demonstrating the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Creative Writing, English, and/or in a related field;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with communication and online content production;
- Self-starter, capable of working both independently and in an extremely fast-paced team environment;
- Impeccable grammar, spelling and punctuation skills;
- Knowledge of web writing tactics (Facebook vs. blog; website vs. press release; PPC vs. print ad) and how to optimize for SEO;
- A positive attitude and willingness to work with the entire marketing organization to reach goals;
- Comfortable with multi-tasking, managing multiple priorities and meeting several, often movable, deadlines under pressure;
- Someone with a strong work ethic, who is accomplished in communications fundamentals and is looking for a role where they will make a meaningful and noticeable contribution;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook;
- Someone who can think big picture yet has a strong attention to detail;
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with professional copy editing;
- Working knowledge of Google, MSN, and Yahoo PPC & analytics.