Position Job Title: Content Specialist
Location: Campus Support Centre
Reports To: Vice President, Marketing and Communications
Plans, develops, and executes web strategy in support of current marketing strategies, search engine optimization and revenue growth. Ensures content on all websites are written with the brand in mind and guaranteeing the best user experience for web users.
The primary purpose of the Content Specialist is to plan, develop, and execute content in support of current marketing strategies, search engine optimization and revenue growth. You will also ensure marketing content is written with the brand in mind and guaranteeing the best user experience across all platforms.
The responsibilities of this position include development of additional content for our current web sites with emphasis on SEO and creating new micro-site content. Applicant must be creative and process orientated and willing to learn the company’s web marketing strategy. Specifically, this position is responsible for the following:
- Creating content for marketing collateral to include brochures, direct mail pieces, print advertisements, web copy, customer success stories, news stories, newsletters, email campaigns, press releases and media pitches, multimedia presentations, sales material and corporate pitches, proposals and presentations
- Acting as a storyteller by creating and curating shareable content for web, social and offline initiatives. Develop compelling content that inspires positive engagement and brand loyalty in our college brands
- Proactively manage social media engagement including conversations, feedback and questions, identifying any that would require attention
- Cross-functionally managing a coordinated editorial calendar of themes, content and messaging, including social posts and web content
- Implementing the content processes, create content that drives a consistent and relevant message across all communication channels
- Working with 3rd party writers, videographers, photographers and other vendors in development of content
- Collaborating with campus stakeholders to create and provide relevant marketing collateral
- Proofing, editing and correcting content errors.
To be successful in the Content Specialist position, an individual must be committed to developing, maintaining and demonstrating the following:
· Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Creative Writing, English, and/or in a related field
· Minimum 3 years’ experience with communication and online content production
· Self-starter, capable of working both independently and in an extremely fast-paced team environment
· Impeccable grammar, spelling and punctuation skills
· Knowledge of web writing tactics (Facebook vs. blog; website vs. press release; PPC vs. print ad)
· A positive attitude and willingness to work with the entire marketing organization to reach goals
· Comfortable with multi-tasking, managing multiple priorities and meeting deadlines under pressure
· Someone with a strong work ethic, who is accomplished in communications and looking to make a meaningful contribution
· Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
· Working knowledge of PPC & analytics
Perfect your job application with VisualCV so you can get hired faster!