Considering a Career at Maple Leaf Foods?
Maple Leaf Foods Inc. is a leading Canadian consumer protein company, making high quality, innovative products under national brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and Mina™. The Company employs approximately 11,000 people in its operations across Canada and exports to global markets including the U.S. and Asia. The Company is headquartered in Mississauga, Ontario.
Our people are passionate about the work they do and the products we make. As we move forward, we are determined to leverage their integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by high-performing, motivated and talented people.
Maple Leaf Foods embraces candid, direct, transparent and engaging communication with our stakeholders. As part of our commitment, our company’s communication activity features dynamic content publishing and storytelling that effectively engages all of our key audiences.
We are looking for an exceptional individual, a candidate who can lift above the daily pressures to understand our audiences, and create meaningful and relevant content to engage with them. To be successful, the candidate will have the ability to balance thinking holistically about the needs of the business and our stakeholders with the ongoing demands of researching, planning and delivering high-impact content on a timely basis and in a fast-paced setting.
This role demands a combination of superior writing, producing and editing skills and an understanding of communication production tools. The role provides support to the broader Sustainability & Public Affairs team and colleagues in the business. Ultimately, the individual must be a passionate champion for telling Maple Leaf’s corporate stories.
- Maintain, enhance and leverage existing company communication platforms and tools, pursue new innovative opportunities.
- Conduct active social listening on internal and external platforms for matters that influence the department’s communication focus to help shape content creation.
- Research, plan, develop and produce/ publish engaging content that effectively communicates Maple Leaf’s corporate stories to internal and external audiences in support of the department’s commitments and goals.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor degree or college diploma in communication, public relations or journalism.
- Minimum of 5-8 years of specialized communication experience in content creation and corporate communications.
- Superior writing, editing and content production skills.
- Proven ability to create digital corporate content for a wide-range of audiences and formats.
- Creative writing and production experience across a wide variety of formats and channels including intranets, corporate websites, videos, microsites, blogs, social media, etc.
- Ability to navigate communication platform tools including basic design / publishing platforms, social media listening tools, photography and film editing software.
- Excellent judgement and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to understand complex business information and simplify into engaging, meaningful and relevant content.
- Demonstrated record of excellence in collaborating with others and proven ability to interact effectively with senior leaders.
- Highly creative with a passion for continuous learning.
- Experience in both corporate and agency settings preferred.
- Experience in using traditional and new, innovative communication tools to effectively deliver engaging content, stories and messages.
- Excellent project management skills and ability to manage and deliver on multiple projects and competing priorities.
- Self-confidence to work independently, with self-awareness to seek coaching, support and advice
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.