North Vancouver Recreation & Culture (NVRC) is dedicated to building healthy individuals, families and communities. We offer a wide range of recreation and cultural programs and services to residents of all ages and abilities.
We are seeking creative, organized professionals to produce marketing and promotional content by capturing experiences from our programs and events through our participants. Content will include photographs, videos and copy to be published on social media platforms and other digital channels.
In the role, you will:
- Work collaboratively with our marketing and communications team to plan content related to our marketing campaign objectives.
- Follow a content calendar for scheduled social media posts to be published.
- Plan assignments for creating content, including scheduling for planning, production and publication.
- Attend NVRC programs and events to produce content with photographs and video and write copy from your interviews with participants and staff to capture their experiences.
- Ensure all subjects who are personally identifiable in photos or video to be published complete and return the Photo and Video Release Form.
- Ensure all content produced is suitable for a family audience and aligned with NVRC’s mandate, mission and values.
- Publish content to social media and other digital channels such as: our NVRC website, newsletters, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Requirements for the position include:
- Degree or diploma in Digital Marketing or equivalent.
- 3-5 years of work experience creating content for digital and social media through photography, videography and copywriting.
- Extensive knowledge of best practices, methods, techniques and tools for digital content creation, social media marketing strategy and publishing to social media platforms.
- Experience interacting with subjects with the intent to create an engaging, personal and cohesive visual and written story.
- Current knowledge of digital and social media trends and marketing.
- Experience developing creative concepts related to the objective of the assignment.
- Videography skills including planning, production and editing to produce high quality videos and shown ability to capture high quality images.
- Experience and effective techniques interviewing subjects to develop content.
- Must be able to prioritize tasks, effectively organize and coordinate activities, including producing digital content while attending events and activities.
- Ability to work with a deadline and under pressure.
- Attention to detail, flexibility and good listening skills.
- Use of your own equipment and software.
- Class 5 Driver’s Licence and use of a personal vehicle for work.
All candidates are required to submit the following along with their application:
- A recent photo post highlighting an event, activity or brand
- A recent video post highlighting an event, activity or brand (include an accessible cloud link of the video)
- A recent example of copywriting for a digital channel
Contract hours will be scheduled as needed throughout the week and may include evenings and weekends. There is no guarantee of hours.
All candidates are required to submit a Police Information Check as a requirement of the position prior to any appointment. Clearance requires the absence of any criminal charges or convictions related to this position.
Compensation: Based on training and experience, plus 4% in lieu of benefits
Closing Date: August 31, 2022
Perfect your job application with VisualCV so you can get hired faster!