Content Marketing Specialist (12 Month Term)
What’s the job?
Are you able to take a complex topic and transform it into something that’s engaging, straightforward and easy-to-understand? The Content Marketing Specialist role is more than just managing content. You’re the voice of Coast Capital Savings through our various channels. In this role you will act as a key brand ambassador while playing a pivotal role in increasing brand engagement and enhancing our reputation. You’ll support in developing, implementing and managing the content for our website, online banking portal, mobile app, corporate blog, email, direct mail, and other channels.
What you’ll get to do:
- Write, edit, and proofread content for direct mail, website, our online banking portal, our mobile app, our corporate blog, and email marketing.
- Optimize digital content leveraging SEO best practices.
- Manage the digital editorial calendar and ensure key stakeholders are aligned.
- Monitor KPIs and optimize content on a continuous basis based on performance.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders and vendors (including agencies), and build effective relationships.
- Participate in the selection and implementation of new channel features (tools, calculators, applications, mobile technology, etc.).
- Work with internal stakeholders and partners to develop, maintain and generate content for direct mail and digital channels.
- Partner with Marketing colleagues to identify and explore digital content marketing opportunities to help meet corporate objectives.
- Collaborate with Marketing colleagues on developing content including direct mail, blogs, graphics and video.
- Collaborate with stakeholders on proactive and reactive website design, experience and content changes.
- Collaborate with Marketing colleagues and e-Business team to manage the timely trafficking and brand consistency of content across all channels including direct mail.
- Work with creative, interactive and technical agencies to enhance digital and social marketing initiatives.
Who are we looking for?
This is a dream job if you have a knack and love for creative writing and a passion to adopt the style, tone, and voice of our business' various types of content.
- Minimum 1 – 3 Years of Job-Related Experience
- Bachelor’ in Business Administration, Marketing, Communication or Journalism. eMarketing or Internet Marketing certification is an asset.
- Experience within a marketing or communications department
- Experience in internet, digital and social marketing.
- Strong communication skills with expert writing ability
- Impeccable grammar, spelling, punctuation and editing skills
- Good understanding of marketing and branding fundamentals
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills with attention to detail
- Experience in managing external suppliers.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making ability
- Passion for the Coast Capital brand
- Experience with copy-writing; content management tools; good understanding of usability best practices; knowledge of CRM and marketing automation technology
Why join Coast Capital Savings?
We don’t mean to toot our own horn, but…
- At the top of the list are our great products, our great employees (and let’s recognize our members too) and our great attitudes.
- Employees have the power to do what’s best for our members. Every day.
- Our employees take advantage of the many opportunities to grow their careers as they have first dibs on available positions.
- Employees love having a cool place to work, which includes wearing their jeans on Fridays & Saturdays and being recognized with a virtual (and, at times, an actual) high-five.
- Our inspiring leaders help our employees develop their talents and encourage them to be their fabulous selves.
- We believe in being a great corporate citizen so we invest in our local communities every day by donating our time, money and expertise.
- We have a unique culture where we take our business seriously, but ourselves, not so much.
- And we were recognized for our outstanding corporate culture with the Top Corporate Culture Award. Yep, and we were the only financial institution recognized.