The Content Marketing Specialist will write and produce content for a bunch of different marketing channels. She or he will write ad copy, social media posts, email marketing content, landing pages, sales decks, thought leadership presentations, and more. The successful candidate will work closely with the rest of the marketing team, under the direction of the Director of Marketing & Communications.
We should be clear: this isn’t going to be easy. This role is perfect for someone with seriously awesome writing skills to work at a fast-growing tech company with a wicked-smart marketing team. For an ambitious junior marketer, this is a great chance to grow your portfolio, learn a lot, and make a real impact in markets around the world.
If you’re the successful candidate (we hope you are), you’ll help shape PressReader’s lead generation, user acquisition, and customer engagement strategies. You’ll also work closely with other members of the marketing team, including those responsible for public relations, digital marketing, and product marketing, as well as our team of designers. All that requires developing a strong understanding of the publishing, media, technology, hospitality, library, and aviation sectors.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Write marketing emails, landing pages, social media, presentations, thought leadership and more.
- Work with the Creative Lab to develop project briefs and finalize design work.
- Work with the Digital Marketing Specialist to test and iterate ad content in order to optimize conversion rates.
- Build a deep understanding of PressReader’s brand strategy, applying it to everything you create.
- We offer a competitive compensation package (duh), plus benefits after you complete a probation period.
Here’s what we need to see:
- 1-2 years of awesome experience writing marketing copy that gets people to do something.
- A kick-ass writer with a laser eye. We need someone who can catch typos and grammatical errors.
- Passion and motivation. We’re looking for someone with fresh ideas and the chops to make them happen.
- A super-positive attitude and a sharp sense of humour. We need someone cool under pressure.
- Hustle. You move mountains to get things done, instead of turning around when you see a speedbump.
- Professionalism. You are comfortable communicating with senior leadership teams of major companies.
- Organization. We need someone who hits all their deadlines all time.
- A news junkie. We need a marketer who’s informed and knows all about our industry.
- Familiarity. We’re looking for someone who knows their way around tech products and the tech community.
- Native English speaking and writing skills.
- A willingness to learn and collaborate. Everyone here takes feedback easily and seriously.
- You have experience in email marketing or conversion rate optimization.
- You’re fluent in a second (or third) language.
To apply, please submit your CV and blow our minds with an awesome cover letter explaining why you’re right for this role.