Join our world-leading travel and education focused marketing team!
Teach Away is a rapidly growing international teacher recruitment agency, and we’re looking for a digital content marketer who can take our inbound marketing to the next level. You’ll be working with a talented, young team in an energetic startup environment to drive our B2C and B2B content marketing efforts.
Our ideal teammate is a smart and meticulous writer who gets the bigger picture when it comes to marketing content creation. You’ll be an SEO pro, who is focused on creating user-centric content, and is confident using analytics tools to make decisions and monitor success. You’ll suit this role if you have a positive attitude towards life, infectious enthusiasm, and a drive to succeed. Travel and/or teaching experience would be a big asset.
- Lead and evolve digital (and some traditional) content strategy to engage our audience and respond to current opportunities and trends.
- Lead tracking and implementation of SEO strategy, content conversions, engagement figures etc.
- Write on-brand copy for web and promotional collateral that is passionate, informative, thought provoking, and has clear purpose and value towards achieving marketing goals.
- Writing, editing and proofing winning proposals, contracts, and other promotional/business content.
- Maintaining, and working to, our editorial calendar including contributing regular blogs, email newsletters, hot jobs blasts etc.
- Continuously researching and creating new and varied content across brands.
- Always on the lookout for thought leadership opportunities and seeking ways to increase reach and exposure of our in-house content.
Essential skills and qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, writing, English, or other related field.
- At least two years of postgraduate, full-time experience in a SEO focused copywriting/content marketing marketing role.
- Experience using Google Analytics, SEM tools and CMS and blogging platforms such as Wordpress.
- International travel experience and a genuine knowledge and interest in the world.
- A background or experience in education, teaching or recruitment would definitely be an asset.
Perks of the job
- Competitive salary and annual performance-based bonus
- Extended health benefits
- Being part of a motivated team of marketers who love what they do and are constantly looking to improve
- Experience a lively, fast-paced startup environment in our open-plan Yaletown office
- Professional development opportunities throughout the year, including training and marketing conferences
- Annual workplace retreat and regular office social events