McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. McKesson Imaging & Workflow Solutions provides a range of information technology solutions for hospitals and healthcare providers of all sizes and complexity. Our solutions for enterprise imaging and diagnostic imaging(radiology, cardiology), and workflow help customers improve collaboration and productivity, optimize performance and quality, and coordinate care while helping to maximize the value of their technology.
Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson Imaging & Workflow Solutionsyou act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. You’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
We understand the importance of a system that works together. Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
McKesson is seeking a Content Manager to join the Imaging and Workflow Solutions Request for Proposal team.
We are looking for an expert storyteller and experienced writer, editor and curator. You can synthesize large amounts of data – some of it technical – and create compelling, readable content for a widely varied B2B audience. You have highly developed Project Management skills and are comfortable interacting with individuals at all levels of an organization. You have a track record of using collaboration and consensus building to achieve results in a complex, highly-matrixed environment
This position is a one year contract with the possibility of extension beyond the initial term.
The Content Manager will lead the development and update of B2B content used by the Request for Proposal team as the primary source of responses to customer inquiries.
This role is anticipated to be a one year project that will begin with a content audit to determine reusability of existing assets. Once the audit is complete, the Content Manager will be the primary editor and curator of existing content as well as the creator/writer of new content. The Content Manager will ensure that the updates, edits and new material support McKesson’s overall marketing strategy by following brand standards and voice. S/He will also make recommendations on the ongoing process to maintain the content
- Evaluate existing content/assets to determine whether they need to be retired, repurposed or revamped for continued use.
- Write, edit and produce engaging new content based on a wide variety of source materials including but not limited to white papers, PowerPoint presentations, blog posts, product brochures, product manuals, interviews with stakeholders
- Localize content (existing and new) to align with needs of specific adjacent markets (UK and US government)
- Ensure all content (existing and new) is accurate, relevant and timely and meets all brand standards.
- Align style, quality and tone of voice for all content (existing and new)
- Facilitate meetings with internal stakeholders at all levels
- Develop and maintain content templates and style guides.
- Coordinate, manage, and optimize processes to ensure content development is completed in a manner that drives both efficiency and quality.
- Think strategically to identify categories of content that can be developed to grow our business.
4+ years experience in technical editing/writing
- Proven ability to write in explanatory, procedural and creative styles and for multiple audiences.
- Solid experience communicating and facilitating meetings with a wide range of stakeholders ranging from individual contributors with deep subject matter expertise to Executive leadership
- Critical thinking and analysis skills
- 3+ years’ hands-on experience in content development, communications or related business experience
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Excellent project management, execution and organizational capabilities with keen attention to detail
- Demonstrated outstanding communications skills (written and verbal)
- Understanding of or experience with the enterprise software Sales process
- Strong ability to build cross-functional relationships and influence without authority across all levels and functions
- Proficient at managing multiple projects with shifting and/or conflicting deadlines
- Ability to act independently with sound business judgment and emotional maturity
- People-savvy and capable of understanding and navigating complex, matrix organizations
- Ability to adapt and thrive in a dynamic and sometimes ambiguous environment
- Experience/knowledge of enterprise imaging in healthcare is preferred
- Experience with graphics is a bonus
B.A. or certification in English, Journalism, Communications, Technical Writing, or similar preferred
General Office Demands
Benefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.