Come join the Cymax team and contribute to our next stage of growth!
Who are we?
We may be one of the best kept secrets in the Lower Mainland, but not for long. Cymax Stores Inc. is powering, connecting and transforming the $233 billion USD online and offline home furnishings industry. We are one of North America's leading e-commerce furniture retailers and technology innovators with estimated annual sales of $190 million in 2015. We are focused on developing world-leading technology solutions that compete on a global scale and are passionate about providing our customers with an exceptional shopping experience.
What do we do?
Cymax provides North American consumers with one of the largest selections of ready-to-assemble, case goods (fully assembled) and home decor items carrying the industry’s 200 top-selling brands with up to 100,000 products. We’ve developed a proprietary technology that enables us to deploy, manage and optimize our online presence for thousands of products, faster and at a significantly lower cost than most online retailers. You may think we have huge warehouses full of products, but we’re actually a drop ship company which means customer orders are delivered direct from the manufacturer’s warehouse.
Why join Cymax?
We’ve got big plans and we’re looking for energetic and creative people to contribute to the team. Cymax’s success is attributable to our exceptionally talented team of technology, marketing, customer service, finance and operational staff who each make meaningful contributions every day. We encourage you to take control of your career and personal development and are committed to help you succeed by providing opportunities for advancement, upskilling and on-the-job learning. Our goal is to offer all our employees a challenging and rewarding work environment, where they can learn and grow.
We are centrally located in Willingdon Park, a 5 minute walk from the Gilmore Sky Train station. We are an active bunch with access to four on-campus fitness facilities, a basketball court, and running trails. We work hard but we also play hard, with summertime BBQs on the patio and ping pong games. We actively participate both individually and as a company with local charitable organizations including Darkness into Light, BC Ride to Conquer Cancer, and the annual Sun Run offering furniture donations, fundraising raffles, and staff involvement.
About the Role:
- Develop and write compelling, engaging and integrated content for e-commerce websites to achieve marketing and sales objectives
- Propose creative traffic-driving content strategies that support the execution of marketing programs and campaigns to drive revenue with existing customers and prospects
- Produce and maintain a content calendar, collaborating with marketing and merchandising departments to develop compelling content to support new product and category launches throughout the year
- Ensure that all content is consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and optimized for search and social promotion
- Define content metrics and KPIs, and use available analytics and data points to inform and optimize content-related decisions to ensure SEO and social media best practices are applied to all published content
- Test and track landing page optimization and other conversion strategies
- Monitor and remain current on new trends and approaches in web and social media, and incorporate as appropriate to increase user engagement and content effectiveness
- Conceive and create content for the portfolio of marketing mediums including email, web, white paper, blog, case study, webinars, events, advertisements, etc.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- At least 6+ years of marketing, content and copywriting experience in a consumer setting that drives response and performance metrics
- Exceptional writing, copywriting and storytelling skills with proven editorial ability, proofreading skills and a command of the English language and grammar
- Able to identify and create different styles and voices, with a demonstrated understanding of the overall impact on tone, quality, and word and phrasing choice
- Able to create stand-alone content pages for various topics based on targeted search keywords to drive traffic and conversions
- Knowledge of industry best practices for copy writing and other content usage—especially around email and response
- Proven success in driving results-oriented content strategies for desktop and mobile devices
- Demonstrated experience using a Content Management System (CMS) to manage a large website
- A solid understanding of Google Analytics and how to measure and iterate content marketing plans with a deep knowledge of SEO and SEM principles and best practices
- Proven expertise in content marketing and writing including translating business goals and strategies into actionable and measurable marketing communications campaigns
- You are a self-starter and jump at the chance to learn new things
- Results oriented and process driven, with high expectations of self and team
- Excellent time management, planning, and execution skills - ability to work both independently and in collaborative/cross-functional team settings, with and without supervision in a deadline-driven environment
- Strong sense of professionalism and pride in work, both individual and team-generated
- Bachelor's degree or College Diploma in Marketing, Communications, English, or related major
Portfolio examples should include where possible:
- Content calendar
- Writing samples from previous campaigns
Reports To: Director of Marketing
Working Team: Marketing and Communications
Works Closely with: Merchandising, Social Media, Email Marketing, Search Engine Marketing, Graphic Designer
Type: Permanent, Full time
Compensation: Let’s discuss
Thanks for your interest in Cymax. We are in a major growth spurt and we appreciate your patience as we review applications. If you match our needs, we’ll be in touch.
Cymax Stores thanks all applicants for their interest in this position. Only those candidates whose skills and abilities meet the above Content Manager criteria will be contacted.
- Marketing: 5 years