Booking.com BV (the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online hotel reservation service in the world) and/or its various support companies throughout the world are looking for people to support the business in fast-growing hotel markets.
Canada Booking.com Online Reservations Inc., one of the support companies in Canada, is looking for a content editor in Vancouver.
As a Content Editor, you will create commercial content for accommodations on Booking.com, maintain up-to-date information and monitor content quality. You will be in contact with properties and our Hotels Department on a daily basis in order to validate information and acquire content essentials (photos, room features etc).
Your goal will be to promote each hotel in the most attractive, yet objective and concise way in order to provide support to Booking.com BV in attracting visitors to book rooms through our website. You will create copy using all available resources, including customer reviews.
We are looking for enthusiastic candidates with a good understanding of the hotel industry, a customer mindset and a passion for e-commerce and online travel.
Main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide support in the creation and review and to continually improve web-copy that accurately reflects the character and facilities of the property, resulting in a better performance of the property;
- Ensure web page content is maintained to the highest quality standards;
- Collect essential content by contacting properties and working with the local team;
- Day-to-day commercial communication with properties by telephone and e-mail.
- Experience of creating attractive content and writing/editing;
- Good face-to-face and telephone communication skills;
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, basic photo editing and Internet)
- Quick and resourceful desktop researcher;
- Flexibility, accuracy, strong analytical skills and an eye for detail;
- Pro-active and positive attitude;
- A goal-oriented team player;
- Experience within e-travel and/or hotel/travel industry is a plus;
- Associates degree or equivalent work experience;
- 1-2 years work experience in similar position.