We’re seeking a Content Editor to join Context Creative, a design firm committed to excellence.
We are not a traditional design firm, nor an advertising agency. Trusted by clients providing vital public services, we make meaningful connections to solve complex communications and design challenges that affect real people and drive positive change. We’re looking for someone who shares our values, and wants to inspire people to take action on issues that matter.
We’re looking for someone who is curious, never stops learning, is unintimidated by challenges, decomplexifies processes, knows how to work efficiently, always has a POV to share, finds great inspiration in our work, and is positive and upbeat.
We are a company rooted in ideas and design that provides branding, print, interactive, social, motion and more for clients who want to communicate on a level that truly defines and separates them in their industry. The Content Editor is at the helm of our clients’ success. Intimate with design and its process, passionate about growing clients’ businesses, and experienced enough to know how to get them there through the words you choose, the Content Editor will partner with clients to elevate Context Creative as their strategic advisor while nurturing existing relationships and developing new opportunities.
In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Help develop and execute a content strategy for our client and their projects.
- Create content that builds awareness, thought leadership and demand for products, services, and solutions.
- Craft and edit engaging content across multiple marketing channels (traditional and digital).
- Audit and repurpose existing content to target different audiences and mediums.
- Develop, organize and maintain a content calendar for our agency.
- Ensure all content is consistent with and supports the overall brand strategy and identity of our associated clients.
- Ensure all content is optimized for SEO strategies and user experience: delivered on time and on brand, and is consistent in style and tone.
- Able to implement stringent quality assurance on all content, including proofreading to perfection.
- Post-secondary education in journalism or communications.
- Minimum of 2 years experience writing content in a business or corporate environment.
- Proven written communication skills, with published content, either online or in traditional media.
- A knack for simplifying complex topics and translating them to plain English.
- Experience in how to tell a story using words and images, and an understanding of how to create content that draws an audience in a persuasive way.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while leading and managing several projects simultaneously with strong time management and prioritization skills.
- Strong ability to effectively collaborate and be led by our creative team.
Strong MS Office, GSuite, Acrobat skills an asset.
Experience with Apple iWork suite of tools or Adobe design tools is a bonus.
Primary preference will be given to candidates who possess professional knowledge of the Utilities industry with a secondary preference on Banking, Insurance Healthcare.