What's Bench? Check us out in Forbes Top 30 Under 30, The Vancouver Sun, Lifehacker, BC Business Magazine, TechCrunch, and our Instagram.
We're a laid back group of people working hard on a tough problem. Bookkeeping is a universal point of pain for passionate entrepreneurs trying to pursue their dreams. They want to run their businesses, not do accounting, so we make that disappear. While the appeal of bookkeeping may seem lacking, we genuinely believe that solving fundamental business problems is super sexy. And so are you.
When you throw in with us you're not only joining a company that’s changing the way business is done, you're joining at an inflection point. Bench is post Series A, capitalized by a team of Silicon Valley and New York investors. We’re scaling fast and we’re not slowing down anytime soon. In just a few short years, we’ve grown from four co-founders to over 200 Benchmates. It’s been quite the ride so far and we’re looking for the brightest minds who love solving tough problems to join us on this incredible leg of our journey.
What’s the content team like at Bench?
True craftspeople understand that to be heard in a noisy world, every thought, every action, and every word must be shared with intention. From a simple tweet to an in-depth feature, at Bench, we believe that all content must add value.
It may be hard to believe that an online bookkeeping company could change the world. And yet, the responses we receive from our audience—everything from tears of relief, to emphatic thanks, major press and accolades, and even marriage proposals—confirm that we’re doing just that, one client at a time. We truly believe that it’s thanks, in large part, to our commitment to adding value to our audience.
From editorial features on The Bench Blog, to educational guides and how-to explainers in The Small Business Syllabus, and secret side projects that we can’t reveal to you just yet—all that we produce is designed to educate, enable, and empower entrepreneurs as they enjoy the lifestyle they worked hard to create.
Our content team needs to scale to keep up with the rapid growth we’re experiencing as a company, and in our client base.
This is where you come in.
What are we looking for in a Content Coordinator?
As our Content Coordinator, the drive to create valuable, unique, targeted content is hard coded into your DNA. Your taste levels are high, and you have an innate understanding of the effort it takes to transform something average into something great. You recoil each time a low-bar listicle appears on your newsfeed, and you’re quick to spot a tpyo.
As the newest member of our team, you’ll work together amongst a group of creative specialists in our Marketing department to create written content that supports our brand, sales, and business development objectives.
You’re able to adapt your writing style across a variety of formats, from straightforward educational explainers, to in-depth editorial features, case studies, and Q&As.
You have the battle scars to prove that you’ve worked hard at content distribution in the past. You’ve already built a dedicated audience online. And you’re fearless when it comes to networking with influencers in person and online.
Ultimately, content is your craft, and you’re looking for an opportunity, a team, and an environment that will support you as you work to change the world for the better with your creative output.
Here’s some of the things you’ll be getting up to:
- Supporting our Sales and Business Development teams by producing targeted marketing collateral (blog posts, email content, webinar scripts, etc.)
- Working with our internal Design team to produce printed and online promotional material for our partner network
- Supporting the management of our social media profiles, from scheduling, to distribution, social networking, and social listening
- Producing written content across a variety of formats: guest posts, educational step-by-step guides, and editorial features
- Networking with influencers and distributing content online via organic and paid methods
- Providing editorial feedback to our partner network to ensure that all content is in line with Bench brand standards
- Helping us take our content to the next level with your creativity and candid feedback
The extra details:
- This is a full-time position, because we want to spend lots of time with your wonderful self
- Our office is in Gastown and easily accessible via transit
- This position offers an annual salary based on experience
- We offer an extended benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, massage, and a Wellness Fund
- Best of all, you get to play fetch with our resident Wheaten Terrier, Zoe Deskennel