What you’ll do…
Reporting to the Content Manager at FGL Sports, the Content Coordinator is responsible for efficiently sourcing, processing and optimizing digital content to support its distribution through various marketing channels. They will also ensure relevancy and consistency of both visual and written content.
- Responsible for working on content across corporate and banner websites as well as other digital media and channels such as digital store displays, blogs, etc.
- Collaborate with Purchasing and with vendor contacts to source relevant content for online and in-store channels
- Govern the content for import/export into/from an enterprise-grade CMS, including maintenance of quality standards, naming conventions, and file-type consistency from both internal and external sources
- Maintain internal and external links throughout multiple websites;
- Work collaboratively with other members of the Marketing team to ensure workflow is continual and deadlines are met
- Work with internal and external partners to troubleshoot and resolve any issues with the websites or back end systems
- Handle different multimedia formats such as images, copy, video and flash
- Contribute to the planning process and work collaboratively with Marketing team to build and execute marketing campaigns, programs and initiatives
- Participate in marketing related special projects and new initiatives.
What you bring…
- Minimum 2 years work experience in eCommerce, merchandising, web retail, marketing, content management, visual communications, or related field
- Background in retail, or product related areas
- Post Secondary diploma in Interactive Marketing, Design or related field
- Proficiency with Content Management Systems, HTML and other web technologies
- Firm understanding of interactive marketing and online media
- Experience with software such as Microsoft Office and Adobe Photoshop
- Demonstrated problem solving skills with working knowledge of Internet technologies
- A history of innovation, creativity and delivering results, and
- Enjoys sports, is physically active, leads a healthy lifestyle and therefore has a strong affinity to the business.
Canadian Tire & FGL Sports is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially. We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Why join us…
We bring the world’s most talented, creative and athletic people to FGL Sports and provide them with opportunities to help them achieve their ‘better’. We foster continuous learning, look for ways to inject fun into the culture and implement program solutions that drive business results. We are industry leaders, always on the lookout for top talent.
We believe that staying active and healthy and giving back to your community make you better at your job and make life more fulfilling. Here, you can build your career around your passions both professionally and personally and connect to a wide network of colleagues, teams and communities committed to inspiring and encouraging others to be their best. Bring your skills, experience and enthusiasm to us and enjoy benefits such as an on-site gym and personal trainer, fitness programs/intramurals, equipment service shop, and an employee purchase program. We are looking for people who want to build an organization they can be proud of, with growth opportunities befitting a brand that is entrepreneurial, innovative and highly competitive. We believe in helping our employees in their quest for more productive, healthy and meaningful lives.