WHO ARE WE?
Mio Global is a globally-renowned innovation company that engineers fitness wearables to empower consumers with the data and insights to improve their training and health. A recognized pioneer in sport and fitness technology, Mio is known for its industry-leading heart rate monitor technology with distribution around the world. Mio offers a range of heart rate monitoring watches and wristbands including award-winning wearables such as Mio ALPHA 2, Mio FUSE, Mio LINK, and is launching breakthrough technologies this year including the PAI app and SLICE activity tracker. For more information, visit www.mioglobal.com.
WHAT WILL OUR COMMUNITY & SOCIAL MEDIA STRATEGIST DO?
Mio Global is seeking a new Community & Social Media Strategist to join its Marketing and Customer Service team and lead its social media and influencer marketing strategy. Reporting to the VP, Marketing, the Community & Social Media Strategist will fully understand our customer mindset and personas, and successfully connect with them online through creative content development and paid social media opportunities. You will apply your experience and expertise in building an influencer marketing program, working with bloggers and social media leaders and connectors to drive brand awareness and sales.
Specific responsibilities for this role include:
- Developing a social media strategy, including managing a content calendar, and applying best practices in optimizing content and testing advertising campaigns for the various channels.
- Developing influencer marketing strategy, identifying the most appropriate influential personalities for our target market and finding effective ways to engage them with our brand.
- Growing our blogger network, driving product reviews and blog content on 3rd party sites as well as on our corporate blog.
- Building strategic relationships with bloggers and social influencers as well as other brand partners to develop co-marketing promotional campaigns that will drive brand awareness.
- Collaborating with the marketing team to ensure content is leveraged across channels and that it aligns with corporate objectives and sales initiatives.
- Monitoring results through ongoing tracking and reporting of all campaign analytics, developing intelligence on what’s most effective and continuously trying new approaches using the latest in paid placements.
- Communicating a consistent brand voice and persona, building engaging content and experiences and giving consumers the feeling of belonging to a movement that they believe in.
WHAT SKILLS DO YOU NEED?
A fast-based, entrepreneurial company, we are looking for someone who can spot original branding opportunities and can develop cutting-edge marketing strategies in the online marketing and social media space. You have a strategic mindset, yet also have an eye for detailed execution to ensure quality and consistency of our brand.
To be successful in this role, you must have demonstrated competence in the following areas:
- You must have done it before – We are looking for someone with a proven track record in establishing and growing online communities, building brand ambassador and influencer programs, developing brand engagement and building a loyal customer following.
- You know what a high growth company needs – Having worked for other fast-growing global, consumer product companies for at least 3 years, you know what it takes to build a successful online brand.
- You have the education – A solid foundation in marketing and/or communications strategy with a Bachelor’s degree in a related field is required.
- You look for opportunities to improve – Implementing new strategies is one thing. Being able to analyze and assess marketing activities and drive improvements in performance is a skill you need to have. You’ve got to know if what you’re doing is working and have the numbers to back it up.
- You have the basics – It goes without saying that you need to be a hard worker, are self-motivated to succeed, can work well with others, are organized, have good communication skills, and are generally a nice person to be around. You won’t succeed here at Mio Global if you don’t have these basics down pat.
- You must be able to work in Canada – We are a BC-based company with our Head Office in Vancouver. You must be currently legally able to work in Canada.
WHAT WE OFFER OUR EMPLOYEES?
We work in a fun, casual collaborative office where employees are fitness and health oriented. The entrepreneurial spirit is alive and well in our Vancouver-based office. With our small office, you have the ability to have a big impact on our growing company and can truly drive and influence change. We are responsive to the market and have grand plans for growing our market share. With the right people on board, we are destined for tremendous success.