This individual will support Hothead’s games by moderating social media platforms, forums, communication channels, responding to user comments & posts, spearheading community events, managing content, and working with the Games and Marketing teams to create a strong community culture, presence and loyal fan base.
Hothead Games consists of 200 people that develop top performing free-to-play mobile games, with offices in Vancouver, British Columbia and Halifax, Nova Scotia. As one of the world’s top publishers in the first-person shooter and sports genres, we move fast, do amazing work and have a lot of fun doing it.
The ideal candidate should have a passion for mobile games and for communication in general. He/she should posses an extremely positive attitude, and be able to thrive in a fun and dynamic working environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and develop a team of Community Managers for our portfolio of mobile games, facilitating all team members’ performance, motivation and career progression.
- Grow the community function within Hothead, liaise with other departments including the individual game teams, Operations, Customer Support & Marketing to drive our strategy forward.
- Define Hothead’s community strategy and execute this vision, growing and supporting our community to ensure user engagement and satisfaction.
- Managing community initiatives, ensuring feedback to stakeholders, making sure relevant data is analyzed to help drive community engagement from our members.
- Create content and positive conversations with our community that will deliver relevant information on our games and studio to new and existing users.
- Build and support player communities both in game, online, through live events and streams including eSports tournaments and competitions.
- Own the communication efforts around game updates, balance changes, fair play, competitive play and player education, so our players don’t get caught in the crossfire.
- Track and report consumer sentiment across all community channels and use responses to make informed recommendations to individual game teams and Management.
- Provide a complimentary communication channel to our users, working closely and in support of our existing Player Support team helping to identify and resolve player support inquires.
- Work with the Marketing team to support strategic marketing and communication plans and brand messaging.
- Develop and scale the Hothead website to support our business objectives and community strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Customer centric approach, the main goal is to help and inform our players.
- Strong people management skills to lead, motivate and grow the community team.
- Demonstrate strategic thinking and an ability to drive the community department in alignment with our company goals.
- Operational and organizational skills to determine the scale and efficient execution of the community team’s workload.
- Strong leadership and influencing skills to be able to articulate your vision, get buy in and drive change.
- Positivity and can-do approach to overcome challenges and constraints.
- Proactivity and high energy to grow the role and the function within Hothead.
- Superior communication skills. Ideally you write well, present well, navigate through difficult questions and circumstances well.
- Excellent writing skills in English to communicate well with our players.
- Demonstrate an ability of being concise and still drive the highest and cleanest quality of messaging.
This is a permanent full-time position for our Vancouver office, located at 1555 West Pender Street.
We offer a great compensation package that includes your salary, vacation, extended health, dental and vision care benefits. Some other perks of working at Hothead include an in-house gym, RRSP Matching, company golfing, major/minor league sports event, summer BBQs, snacks, beer and amazing people to work with!