Vancouver Film School programs focus on industries that use moving images, graphics, sound and text as fundamental components for communication, information and story. VFS programs regularly and continually evolve in response to the current industry methodology, technology and need. VFS offers world recognized, full-time, one-year programs in Film Production, 3D Animation & Visual Effects, Classical Animation, Digital Character Animation, Sound Design, Writing, Acting, Makeup Design, Digital Design, Game Design, Foundation Visual Art & Design, and Entertainment Business Management. These one-year programs are intensive, focused on the field of study and immerse students in industry-like settings and situations in order to best prepare them for work in their chosen field
VFS is currently accepting applications for a full-time position of Community Liaison/Social Media in our Marketing Department.
Who We're After:
A real fire starter.
You are keenly passionate about being on the leading edge of social media and networking best practices and trends. You have an insatiable desire to continually explore and create innovative ways to engage, and further grow the brand's online presence and community in a strategic and meaningful way. You are excited by new challenges and learning. You will be driven by the question: "What If?"
In this important role, you will be responsible for developing and growing the brand's already existing online presence on the #1 educational channel on YouTube, as well as Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, LinkedIn, and Wikipedia -- and most importantly, you will be the creative driving force behind taking our online presence to the next level.
Your overarching objectives are to:
• Identify opportunities, define, develop, execute and measure the results of a comprehensive, and integrated social networking and community strategy
• Build brand awareness, recognition, credibility/trust and preference within VFS's online
communities, as well as VFS brand extension communities
• Strengthen and integrate the network by proactively growing the network, encouraging meaningful, dynamic conversations and increase participation
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Community Liaison / Social Media role will be the driving force behind recommending, and executing new, innovative, creative and memorable social networking campaigns.
A self-starter, you will thrive in a constantly evolving and fast-paced environment. You will be responsible for a portfolio of social networking platforms including, but not limited to: YouTube, Facebook, Twitter , Flickr, LinkedIn, Ning, and Wikipedia.
In this evolving and fluid position, you must be proactive and able to adapt well to changes in your core responsibilities.
- Work with the Director of Marketing, Marketing Manager and Public Relations Coordinator to identify opportunities, define, develop, execute, and measure the results of a comprehensive and integrated social networking, online community and communication strategy.
- Maintain and grow online presence on VFS's existing social media and networking sites (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Flickr, etc.).
- Establish VFS's presence on newly emerging social media and networking platforms that fit in with VFS's organizational and marketing objectives.
- Actively - and authentically - interact and create conversations with our community through social media platforms, blogs, online chats, discussion boards and review sites to ensure the positive messaging of the VFS brand on a daily basis, including weekends.
- Create content and tools to engage and build the community. For example, polling, question of the day, contests, etc.
- Share important events with the community by live tweeting out-of-hours events such as: Guest Speakers, Game Design Expo, and Open Houses.
- Manage online discussions by listening to the community, reading between the lines, and responding in a timely manner to their needs and requests.
- Work with VFS's various departments to ensure proper messaging is being executed online.
- Work with International Admissions Advisors to define, develop, and support the growth of social networks for our International Office locations.
- Support and protect the brand by ensuring positive messaging is maintained in the online community.
- Establish consistency of message across multiple networks.
- Assist with online crisis management
- Nurture one-on-one relationships with prospective students before they are passed to the admissions department
- Maintain and grow the online presence of VFS's brand extension social networks, including Game Design Expo, Summer Intensive Programs, and Summer Camps.
- Influencer outreach: Identify and communicate with online influencers present in various social networking platforms such as blogs, Twitter etc.
- Keep track of innovations in blogs, social networks, user-generated content outlets, social bookmarking sites, and other appropriate social media destinations relevant to VFS's community.
- Develop and design webcasts and podcasts in support of event and communication-related initiatives.
- Recommend and champion appropriate new channels, platforms and social media techniques.
- Develop a reporting framework and process: continually measure and track results- both qualitative and quantitative of all online activities (such as engagements and interactions), the results of each, and provide recommendations for testing, changes and improvement.
- Experience communicating with influential, active, and niche social networking users, and communities.
- PC literate with knowledge of and a proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Organization: Must be a great multi-tasker with the ability to handle multiple campaigns simultaneously while adhering to tight deadlines.
- Communication: Strong written and verbal communication skills, including excellent spelling and grammar.
- Social Networking Expertise: Experience with major social networking platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Flickr), niche social media environments, popular message boards/forums, social bookmarking outlets (Digg, Delicious, Stumble Upon), video portals (YouTube, MetaCafe, Vimeo), knowledge place sites.
- Superior customer service: engage with communities and develop relationships in a friendly, professional, responsive and authentic way.
- Strategic: Ability to apply long-range marketing and communication strategies to web presence; successful experience in leveraging digital tactics to achieve lead generation and brand goals.
- Poised: Mature and trustworthy spokesperson. Able to navigate difficult customer experiences and online issues with forethought and consideration.
- Self-starter: Ability to work well independently as well as with a team.
- Ability to work as part of a creative and results-oriented team.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients, and staff.
- Degree, diploma or equivalent certification in Communications, Public Relations or Marketing.
- 3+ year experience working in an office environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an attention to detail and accuracy.
- Highly organized team player with a flexible approach and attitude.
- Demonstrate organizational and time management skills.
- Exceptional task management skills with a respect for timelines and deadlines.
- Ability to present a professional and positive image at all times.