Microsoft Store is the public face of Microsoft, where every individual, community and business can directly experience all that’s possible with Microsoft, and we’re looking for the best and brightest talent to tell our story. Are you interested in a career where you can inspire customers and make an impact while building lifelong skills? If so, we’re the place for you! Help connect customers with their passions to achieve more, through our physical and digital retail properties. Microsoft Store includes jobs in physical retail locations, digital property teams and corporate locations.
- A work environment that is diverse, inclusive, and welcoming of all
- Training that will make you feel empowered to do your best work even if you aren’t a tech expert
- Career opportunities for all of our employees
- Fantastic, comprehensive and competitive benefits for full-time and part-time employees
- Gratitude & recognition for our awesome employees
- Belief that at Microsoft #WeWinAsATeam
Role Summary - Our Community Development Specialist (CDS), will cultivate partnerships and alliances within the local community that will promote brand awareness of the Microsoft Stores. The CDS must be able to construct a robust schedule of events both during and after store hours, so that Microsoft Retail brings the technology experience and excitement of our products directly to our local community. In partnership with Store leadership and Microsoft Retail Stores marketing, this role will build and sustain a viable community presence and events for local affiliations.
- Customer Obsession
- Build relationships with local community groups such as schools, non-profit organizations, and small to medium size businesses (SMB)
- Evangelize product offerings and cross platform ecosystem integration through in-store events and learning engagements that build on increased utilization with devices customers own and love
- Effectively respond to changing in-store environment, circumstances, and situations
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast paced retail environment
- Proactively respond and engage in efforts and activities that promote diversity and inclusion of local community
- Respond to changing in-store needs by maintaining and evangelizing an inclusive greater Microsoft mindset
- Drive for Results
- Tenaciously pursues positive outcomes by using effective approaches to drive in-store usage and engagement
- Takes responsibility in delivering on commitments and seeks positive results that benefit the local community and our customers.
- Maintain a consistent operational workflow of day to day activities in community outreach and connection that delivers both in effectiveness and efficiencies in-store Influencing for Impact
- Continuously maintain product knowledge by learning through others along with self-educating, showcasing product and service offerings building on our #WeWinAsATeam culture
- Foster relationships locally through unique events that drive brand awareness in our community
- Feel empowered to engage with peers, store leaders, corporate and field team members in the development of innovative ways to make a larger impact within the local communities
- Combines resources and joins efforts with teammates to achieve store and company goals
- Use established partnerships in the community to create unique events that drive in-store traffic and reoccurring theater utilization
- Partner with Business Sales Specialist to create new business connections through lead generation along with leveraging existing business contacts to engage in events hosted in-store
• 2 + years’ experience in community relations, event planning, project management, non-profit, or marketing outreach
- Experience in coordinating projects and managing events
- Experience in community development and cultivating lasting relationships
- Passion for civic engagement and philanthropic causes ? Understanding of diverse community needs (through pre-established connections)
- Experience working in a dynamic, fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Experience in marketing consumer electronics or technology solutions
- Previous technology/product/software teaching or training experience
Disclaimer - This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.