Vancouver Airport Authority has an opportunity for a permanent, full-time Communications Specialist, Social Media in the Communications Department. Reporting to the Manager, Communications, the successful candidate will provide communications, media relations and marketing services specifically focused on social media to support the Airport Authority’s strategic business objectives.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing social media services for YVR including:
- Monitoring all YVR Social channels
- Sourcing, developing and posting content
- Responding to all inquiries/comments and/or coordinating with appropriate departments for response/action
- Identifying growing/pending issues
- Maintaining strong relationships with key influencers and online media
- Measuring results, creating benchmarks
- Providing timely and accurate information during crisis situations
- Assisting with the writing and production of editorial materials for all Airport Authority communications vehicles – internal/external/online/print and social media channels. And responsible for the dissemination of the monthly e-newsletter
- Developing strategic social media and online advertising plans for Airport Authority initiatives to drive and support YVR’s business objectives
- Disseminating messaging about Airport Authority projects and initiatives
- Responding to general media requests that come in via social media
- Carrying media phone during off hours and responding as needed
- Supporting the planning and execution of media, corporate and community events
- Providing employees with communications expertise and support that focuses around social media and online tools (everything from strategy to implementation to coaching/training on the tools)
- Liaising with external agencies for support, creative requirements and activations
Key qualifications include:
- Completion of an undergraduate degree, or other post-secondary education, along with experience in public relations, journalism or corporate communications; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Exceptional awareness and use of social media tools and metrics including: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Hootsuite
- Working knowledge of, and experience with, web back-end systems such as HTML, WordPress, sitecor or sitefinity and good working knowledge of MS Office Suite ad Photoshop
- Exceptional skills in professional and social media writing (corporate, media and web based) including ability to target communications to different audiences to fulfil specific purposes
- Experience working with and building relationships with key bloggers and online influencers
- Demonstrated media relations experience; articulate with the ability to understand and deal confidently with the media
- Strong understanding of working in an 24/7 operational environment
- Solid organizational, planning and logistical skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
On occasion, you will be required to work flexible hours, including weekends and evenings.
This position is open to Vancouver Airport Authority employees and external candidates. Previous job performance will be taken into consideration for all candidates that apply for this position.
We are committed to employment equity and welcome applications from everyone, including women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.