Reporting to the Director, Residence & Housing and working closely with members of the department, the incumbent participates in the development of communication and marketing strategies, programs, and initiatives. These include branding initiatives for SFU Residence & Housing; recruitment advertising for potential and current students; and promotional activities to internal and external stakeholders, such as conference attendees and guests. The incumbent is a copywriting, copyediting, and social media expert who is responsible for creating, managing, and updating content for various marketing materials as well as creating and implementing email marketing and social media marketing initiatives. The incumbent of the position also manages and writes content for the SFU Residence and Housing and SFU Conference and Guest Accommodations websites. The incumbent also supervises peer mentors, coop students, and temporary staff and orchestrates the presence and participation of Residence & Housing at on and off-campus events.
Residence & Housing objectives associated with this role include:
- Increasing the profile of SFU Residence & Housing on and off campus with potential students and guests.
- Positioning Residence & Housing as an excellent housing option for students and guests.
- Increasing the number of SFU students and guests who apply to Residence & Housing. Increasing the awareness of accommodations available to students and guests.
- Enhancing communication internally with current students as well as among other stakeholders (in student services and faculties).
- Integrating marketing and advertising activities to achieve reduced costs and optimizes return on investment.
- Undergraduate degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, or related field with four years of related experience in the design, planning and execution of marketing/communication plans, OR an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Demonstrated ability to seamlessly use specialized software applications (e.g., (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, etc.) at an advanced level, for the development of print and electronic media.
- Excellent knowledge of communication, promotion, and marketing principles, practices and strategies using print and electronic media, including excellent knowledge of current social media applications.
- Excellent interpersonal, multi-tasking, negotiating, copyediting, copywriting, organizational, problem-solving, communication (oral and written), research, strategic planning, and project management skills.
- Excellent human resource management skills.
- Ability to adapt writing style for various audiences.
- Ability to establish relationships and work collaboratively with others.
- Ability to prioritize and work with frequent interruptions.
- Excellent event management skills.