Communications Manager full-time
Looking for a great place to work? A place where an award-winning culture means empowerment, teamwork and a passion for what you do?
Then think WestJet. It's a great place to land.
The Manager, Communications oversees internal communications including the development and deployment of communication plans for various departments across the airline. The Manager, Communications and the team are responsible for content on WestJet’s intranet, Campus digital signage network, memos and various other communication mediums.
Candidates are expected to have experience in, and a strong focus on, internal communications across a large organization with multiple departments and locations and be able to take complex communication challenges and convey them to the more than 8,000 WestJetters. Experience with employee engagement, change management, crisis communications, intranet content development as well as social media for internal communication is desired.
- Lead the team in the development and execution of communications for the organization.
- Manage a client-based communications service model by meeting with key stakeholders in order to ensure appropriate service levels are achieved.
- Develop communication plans for initiatives and projects across WestJet.
- Participate in meetings in order to develop communication plans on behalf of clients.
- Manage French language capabilities and build development to increase usage across WestJet.
- Day-to-day management of the team including performance reviews, coaching, mentoring.
- Plan the development of new communication strategies to effectively engage employees across the organization.
- Development of change management and crisis communications approaches and plans.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism or Communications
- Six to 10 years experience leading a communications team at a large organization.
- Strong writing skills - able to convey complex issues to broad groups of employees.
- Bilingual in French and English would be considered a strong asset.
- A strategic and consultative approach to communications planning and ability to work as an advisor to senior management
- Superior writing skills with knowledge of Canadian Press style
- Advanced computer skills
- Experience in the airline industry is an asset but not required
WestJet would like to thank all applicants in advance for sending in their resumes. Only those who qualify will be considered for the role.
WestJet is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. WestJet's hiring policy is to recruit and select the best applicant for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position. WestJet does not discriminate against applicants based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability or a conviction for which a pardon has been granted.
Safety comes first at WestJet.