Position Type: Full-time – 12 month Contract Term Position
(December 15, 2015 – December 15, 2016)
ARPA is seeking a creative, highly motivated and energetic individual to oversee, design and implement marketing and communications strategies that will improve communications with Association members and build and strengthen relationships with ARPA stakeholders.
ARPA is a provincial not-for-profit charitable organization dedicated to advancing the growth and development of recreation and parks services in Alberta – find out more on our website www.arpaonline.ca. The Association manages high profile province-wide programs and initiatives, disseminates a broad range of information and acts as an independent voice of the recreation and parks movement in Alberta
Your ability to work with a high degree of independence while possessing strong writing, interpersonal and organizational skills would make you an excellent candidate for this position.
Duties of the Position:
- Maximizing use of a variety of mediums and technologies to strengthen stakeholder relationships and the ARPA brand (including CRM, websites, social media, online surveys, video, newsletters, etc.).
- Assist in developing relationships with media by fostering an awareness and understanding of the benefits of recreation and parks as well promoting the various achievements of ARPA programs and initiatives.
- Research, write, produce and disseminate a wide variety of communications and publicity including media releases, newsletters, brochures, speeches, videos, displays and annual reports.
- Provide communications and marketing support for ARPA programs, services, events, management and staff; develop, coordinate and implement a communications plan to deliver corporate communication strategies.
- Oversee the design, printing and production of all communications materials to ensure corporate consistency.
- Provide graphic design support or supervise a part-time graphic designer.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of communication tools, including multiple websites, email marketing and social media.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of communication campaigns and activities in meeting the Association’s objectives.
- Represent the Association on internal and external committees as required.
- Set up, maintain and report on related budget accounts.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Creative, motivated, and a self-starter.
- Proactive with ability to work independently, supporting numerous supervisors, and contributing to a positive team environment.
- Knowledge and experience using various technologies, i.e. website CMS, Adobe Creative Suite, social media applications.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing to a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Possess great attention to detail, accuracy and proofreading skills.
- Ability to manage numerous projects at once and drive each towards realization.
- Interest and enthusiasm for work in the non-profit sector.
- Graphic design experience considered an asset.
- Ability to plan, develop, coordinate, implement, and evaluate promotional, educational and public relations strategies, programs and events.
- Ability to develop and implement concepts and themes and to research, write, produce and disseminate a variety of promotional, informational and publicity material.
- Experience with video production and editing considered an asset.
- Ability to prepare and maintain reports, presentations, correspondence and other related materials.
Desired Training and Experience:
- Diploma/certificate/degree in public relations, marketing, other communications-related field.
- Minimum 2 years related experience.
- a current criminal record check may be required