This dynamic, multifaceted position is complex, wide-ranging and challenging. Supporting all of Century Group’s business divisions, we are looking for an imaginative, talented Communications Coordinator, who has an interest in creating sustainable products. Help us grow our business and brand - join our small, collaborative Communications team.
Reporting to the Director, Communications and Business Development, the Communications Coordinator is the in-house point person, responsible for overseeing and coordinating day-to-day operations of the Communications team and providing support to team objectives and plans.
You will also:
- Establish and oversee priorities for the broader Communications team, including delegating work to our partners and ensuring deadlines are met and procedures are followed
- Develop strategic solutions to communications challenges by researching and preparing materials for internal and external distribution and responds to client inquiries and requests for information, using appropriate media channels
- Use your creativity to organize and coordinate events & promotions and assists with event production & capture (e.g. basic photography & videography)
- Engage our partners by liaising and maintaining relationships; assist in the implementation of communications strategies and business development initiatives, including marketing and community outreach.
- Be a champion of our corporate image through print as well as facilitating opportunities for features in local & online media on behalf of the company and its various divisions
- Develop, maintains and manages communication for our on-line properties by producing resources and posts for online media outlets, including public relations, communications and commercial activities
- Assemble data, prepare reports, manuals & correspondence and assist in news releases/articles
You are creative, well organized and possesses a diverse working background. You have a minimum of three (3) years’ recent experience in business management related to communications, marketing and/or promotions, or an equivalent combination. Advanced skills in MS Office 2007 or higher. Recent experience with Adobe Creative Suite 5, Drupal 6 &7, WordPress, and social media platforms is considered an asset.