Graham is the North America-wide integrated project solutions partner delivering on everything from smaller building renovations up to the most complex $600+ million design-build and P3 projects, plus financing and post-construction operations. We are a diversified employee-owned organization with big-company resources, family-company values and continually improving capabilities. Companies, owner-occupants and public organizations across North America count on Graham to meet their needs.
Graham has been awarded Platinum status by the Financial Post as one of “Canada’s 50 Best Managed” Private Companies and has been named one of the “50 Best Employers in Canada” by the Globe and Mail’s Report on Business. Our mission is to provide superior integrated construction solutions throughout North America while offering our employees a challenging and rewarding career within a safe work environment, and our unitholders a competitive return.
Shared values, passion for safety, quality building, and strong commitment to the organization typify the skilled professionals and technicians that choose to build a career with us.
About the Role
Reporting to the Manager, Communications and as a key member of the Communications Team, the Communications Coordinator will provide communications support for a wide range of programs and activities. This is an ideal opportunity for a new communications professional that loves to write and is looking for a variety of interesting and challenging work. With a primary focus on supporting Graham’s internal communications requirements, this role also offers a good mix of marketing-related activities. Collaborating with numerous stakeholders, the Communications Coordinator will assist in the development, implementation and monitoring of various internal and external initiatives ensuring alignment with the overall goals of the Communications Team and Graham.
At Graham some key responsibilities include:
Write articles for, and coordinate the production of, the company’s internal employee newsletter, produced three times a year
Write and coordinate internal employee communications such as information bulletins, people announcements, FAQs, etc. as required to support business initiatives
Assist in preparing project-specific communications plans and the writing, editing, proofing of materials required to support these plans
Assist in content development and ongoing improvement of Graham’s external websites and intranet
Working with the Communications team, develop, implement and monitor a community investment program; write articles focusing on Graham’s community-related initiatives
Assist in the creative execution of a variety of internal and external corporate support materials such as collateral, advertising, company newsletter and various communications tools and templates
Ensure company branding standard are followed and key messages for written communications are positioned in the context of the company’s direction, priorities and culture
Exceptional writing skills, passion for writing – strong, interpersonal communicator
Post-secondary degree in Communications, Journalism or Business/Marketing – diploma in a similar field combined with direct work experience
- 1 to 3 years of communications experience
- Communications background with experience in writing internal/employee communications
- Marked ability to coordinate and implement communications activities/projects
- Practical experience in marketing / creative development for a variety of purposes would be an asset
- Highly organized, detail focused
- Ability to work with initiative and creatively when coordinating multiple projects
- Working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, In Design, Photoshop is a definite asset (interest in learning these skills is a must)
- Team player with good relationship building skills: ability and desire to interact with people at all management levels
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary with annual bonus potential
- Comprehensive benefits package including dental, optical and medical and company matched pension plan.
- Ownership and long term equity opportunities
What we can offer you:
- Strong commitment to safety in the workplace
- Grounded and family-oriented workplace in a progressive environment that is at the forefront of a fast evolving business sector
- Commitment to the training and wealth of opportunities for career development across job categories, project types and locations around North America
Graham is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Graham does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by country, regional or local law.