Job Number: 27284
1 temporary full-time position for up to 11 monthsThe City of Edmonton is seeking an experienced communications professional to join the dynamic team supporting the Sustainable Development Department. Sustainable Development leads all planning for transformational and city building initiatives.
You will never be bored. Variety of work includes handling daily media enquiries, developing comprehensive campaigns to connect with stakeholders and citizens for diverse communities, and advising on innovative projects supporting sustainable, future development, building a leading city and the environment.
You will make a difference everyday advancing, enhancing and protecting the City’s reputation as you:
- Plan, implement, and evaluate strategic communications/marketing plans for advancing projects and events
- Build strong relationships with department partners, colleagues, and external stakeholders
- Advise leadership and department partners on all aspects of internal and external strategic communications
- Provide coaching and support for media interviews and create news packages, key messages, speeches, presentations, promotional materials, and website content
- Develop integrated, aligned communications about the City of Edmonton
- Lead and support various projects by efficiently managing resources and timelines and work with multiple stakeholders to create effective communications and marketing products
- Proactively and reactively manage issues and media relations to support timely and accurate information
- Leverage traditional and digital/social media channels, manage content, and coordinate all publications and media releases to support strategic plans
- Liaise and manage contracts with consultants, designers and agencies in the development of a variety of communications products
- Utilize your knowledge of national, regional and municipal political environments to help the City attain and maintain positive reputation and relationships with stakeholders
- University graduation in a communications, public relations, journalism or a related field, supplemented by a minimum of 2 years progressively responsible experience in a designated public relations, public affairs or public information position;
- Diploma in a communications, public relations, journalism or a related field, supplemented by a minimum of 4 years progressively responsible experience in a designated public relations, public affairs, or public information position
- Demonstrated media relations experience along with issues identification/management and communication planning skills
- Proven experience in successfully developing, implementing, and evaluating strategic communication plans
- Proven client consulting and relationship building skills providing strategic and communications advice to senior leaders
- Demonstrated knowledge of the requirements of mass communication media and good background knowledge of allied fields such as advertising, printing, graphics, audio-visual and web-based communications
- Strong knowledge of both traditional media and digital marketing (mobile, website, blogs etc.)
- Comfortable with working in a fast-paced high-needs environment, balancing competing demands and priorities
- Team experience working in government, a large business environment, or a complex organization is an asset
- Demonstrated sharp media relations skills, possess strong writing, analytical and comprehensive communications skills and have a solid record demonstrating strong customer relations and interpersonal skills.
Hours of Work: 33.75 Hours per week, Monday - Friday. On occasion weekend, after hours and on-call work will be required.
Closing Date: Sep 15, 2016, 10:59:00 PM
This job has expired or been closed by the employer, please visit our home page