HCMA Architecture + Design challenges the traditional boundaries of architectural practice by asking one question. “How do we achieve the maximum positive impact?” In the ways that we work, design, give back, and connect - we are catalysts for healthier, more creative, more engaged communities. If you want to join a team that creates magnetic design with lasting social value, you’ve come to the right place.
ARE YOU ORGANIZED, STRATEGIC, AND COLLABORATIVE?
We are looking for a highly motivated Communication Design Project Manager to join our team.
HCMA’s Communication Design team is a collaborative group of designers, strategists, and storytellers that engage with a wide variety of clients on projects of all sizes. We assist our clients in telling their unique stories effectively through today’s diverse media landscape. Our collaborative approach combines design expertise with a distinct and informed point of view, and strong communication skills. We believe that this approach results in visual communications that build trust, inspire confidence, and forge lasting relationships with our communities. We do this by placing emphasis on positive social impact, with ourselves in our interdisciplinary creative process, and in our community focused initiatives.
As our new Project Manager you will:
- Collaborate with our teams and clients to achieve design excellence
- Define scope and support the launch of communication design projects. Prioritize, manage and monitor project execution, control changes in scope and deliver end of project closing requirements
- Translate and present specifications and project requirements to design team
- Establish and support positive team communications and collaboration
- Own and manage project production process (from creative strategy through to production), ensuring they are completed within defined time, scope, and budget
- Build strong relationships with project leads and work together on resourcing, progress, and challenges
And you’ll possess:
- A related degree and experience in communication design, environmental design, and/or exhibition design projects
- A high level of proficiency in software applications including MS Office, with working knowledge of project management software and financial tools
- Experience in a similar position, having worked as part of a project team of +4 people
- Experience and knowledge in creative process and production techniques
- A flexible and adaptable mindset, with demonstrated initiative and multitasking capabilities
- Experience and understanding of communication and exhibition design, managing production of design assets from conception to completion
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge, and experience in execution of marketing, digital, live events, and communication design related activities
- Highly attuned attention to detail with excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, and strong organizational skills