Parkland is North America’s fastest growing marketer and distributor of fuels, managing a nationwide network of sales channels for retail, commercial, wholesale, and home heat. Through our operations we deliver competitive fuel products and serve communities through local operators who care. We are publicly-traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol “PKI” and have revenues exceeding $10 billion. Our family of brands includes: Bluewave Energy, Columbia Fuels, Elbow River Marketing, Fas Gas Plus, Island Petroleum, Race Trac, and Sparling's Propane.
Our growth strategy is built on acquisitions. In 2013, we acquired several companies, including Elbow River Marketing which has a large rail fleet of over 1,000 rail cars and Sparlings Propane which sells and distributes propane in the Ontario market. As of January 2014, we have also expanded into the United States with the acquisition of SPF Energy. SPF Energy Inc. supplies and distributes refined petroleum products throughout North Dakota, Montana, Minnesota, South Dakota and Wyoming.
Reporting to the Regional Sales Manager, the Commercial Account Representative is responsible for acquiring and maintaining new accounts as well as retaining existing accounts.
- Achieve volume and margin sales targets for Commercial Fuels & Lubricants business
- Develop a strong relationship with key accounts to maintain a high level of service and loyalty
- Work closely with operations and support functions to facilitate solutions for the customer
- Recommend solutions that best fit customer requirements
- Strong understanding of the art of negotiations and profitability analysis processes
- Previous product knowledge an asset
- A motivated self -starter, with good organizational skills
- Ability to implement programs
- Manage buying group relationships
- Strong computer skills
- Willingness to travel with some overnights will be required
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license with a clean drivers abstract
- All other duties as required
Qualifications & Skills:
- 3 or more years of commercial sales experience with a proven track record
- Experience in lubricants, diesel or gasoline delivery an asset
- Strong relationship building skills
- Strong customer service focus is essential
- Must be very results oriented
This is an opportunity for a professional, ambitious and enthusiastic team player looking for a career with a fast-paced and growth oriented company. If you are up to the challenge and want to work with a dynamic and fun team, we want to hear from you!
We would like to thank all candidates in advance for their interest, however only those being considered will be contacted.