The Commercial Account Manager is accountable to provide relationship management and holistic solutions to a portfolio of midmarket commercial relationships. The role has accountability to know the local market and to develop new and valuable opportunities, as well as referral opportunities to specialized areas (i.e.: Cash Management, etc.), to grow share of wallet and increase profitability of their portfolio. This role will make credit decisions and recommendations in accordance with sound credit-granting principles and in compliance with Bank Policies & Procedures. The Commercial Account Manager may also have managerial leadership accountability for a Commercial Service Officer.
- Develop, implement, review and revise a 3-12 month rolling plan focusing on identifying customer needs and opportunities that will result in meeting or exceeding sales and service targets. Participate in Area/District planning process, as appropriate
- Apply relationship selling and relationship management principles and techniques to an assigned portfolio of borrowing Commercial customers, providing holistic financial solutions to meet all commercial and personal banking needs
- Accountable for risk management of their portfolio as well as quality of information, analysis, profitability and credit recommendations in executing sales of credit/non-credit products and services to Commercial customers and prospects
- Plan, implement and maintain an effective business development and community involvement strategy to protect and expand share of profitable Commercial businesses, utilizing an extensive network of referral resources
- Accountable for proactive, focused, profitable sales of Commercial products and services, based on referrals/prospects, knowledge of local market, and use of National Office Solutions (i.e.: Priority Leads)
- Commercial and personal discretionary/approval lending limits
- Expert level knowledge of midmarket commercial credit/non-credit products, negotiation skills, self-motivator, and manager. Strong written & oral communication skills, and high level of technology literacy
- Proficient level knowledge of: personal and commercial credit/non-credit products & services
- Desirable: willingness to enroll in external courses and pursue continuous learning
At our company, we have been helping our customers and communities for over 195 years. Working with us means being part of a team of talented and passionate individuals with a shared focus on working together to deliver great customer experiences. We stand behind your success with the support you need to turn your potential into performance.
BMO Financial Group is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By embracing diversity, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.