The Commercial Account Executive (CAE) owns all named accounts within a specific geographic territory, that have between 1000-5000 employees. The CAE’s primary role is to maximize sales in the assigned territory through leveraging the partner sales community. The primary focus is aimed at sales opportunities versus accounts and is achieved by collaborating with partners to identify, develop, accelerate, up-sell and close transactions. It is expected that this role will increase deal win rates as well as accelerate time to close on key opportunities in the territory.
Partner Business Managers (PBM) and Inside Sales Representatives (ISR) are key team members of the local geographic team with responsibility for identifying, selecting, developing, leading and managing all VMware sales partners in the territory.
- Co-develop a partner strategy for the territory to cover in tandem with ISR and PBM and execute on the strategy with specific revenue and profitability targets
- Effectively communicate and coach ideas and concepts to external partner representatives on how to position and close VMware opportunities
- Coordinate appropriate enablement resources to support partner community within the territory
- Orchestrate territory coverage with both internal and external partner teams to achieve high level results
- Create and maintain effective partner relationships with partner principles located in assigned territory
- Supports and provides guidance to both field and partner marketing events and activities
- Accurately assesses general contract terms, customer requirements, and product capabilities to ensure VMware is chosen as the preferred vendor
- Accurately forecast license bookings, specific products revenue, PSO bookings and new accounts on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis
- Minimum of 6+ years experience in related software industry - Must have experience working in a channel driven model in either a director or indirect capacity
- Track record of developing sales through Partners covering a geographic territory (versus a named territory)
- Proven ability to recognize, analyze, take action on go-to-market approaches, marketing programs, joint value propositions and business cases around strategic partnerships
- Proven track record of cross-functional influence, relationship building, and project management skills toward a broad constituency ranging from customers, channel partners, sales, marketing and technical management
- Must have strong relationships with top tier partners
- Must have experience in selling a ‘platform” as a solution within an account such as ERP, CRM, Apps, and SAAS, etc
- Proven track record of success selling in a highly competitive environment
- BA/BS degree or higher, or equivalent job related experience
VMware is the leader in cloud infrastructure, business mobility and virtualization software. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and policy-driven automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
With 2014 revenues of $6.04 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers, 75,000 partners, and 18,000+ employees in 120+ locations around the world. At the core of what we do are our employees who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Want to be part of a compassionate community that thrives on architecting what's next in IT? Learn more at vmware.com/careers.