CLIENT SERVICES DIRECTOR
“Are you an outgoing natural leader who can mentor and inspire a team with confidence and vision? Do you have a track record of building strong relationships and client experiences based in marketing knowledge, empathy and a passion to see others succeed?
We are looking for a Client Services Director with a strong understanding of the Creative and Strategic process who will develop and lead a team to implement communication plans, can passionately and strategically sell and support ideas, think on your feet, and persuade clients to adopt strong ideas in order to help the client and agency reach their goals. This will be partly achieved through your curious mind and an interest in staying current with marketing trends to help our clients evolve.
Reporting to the Chief Growth Officer, you demonstrate a desire to grow the clients’ business organically through establishing strong relationships to not only benefit the agency, but also the client and their consumer. This can be a challenging balance, so having an innate energy and desire to “go”, while requiring minimal direction to get the ball rolling, is critical. Part of this will involve having and leading tough conversations within our collaborative environment to help ensure we are enhancing and moving projects forward proactively to achieve a level of excellence which will exceed the client’s expectations as well as the goals of LMNO”.
What you’ll do
- Provide mentorship and development for the Client Services team.
- Create one voice for the Client Services team within the agency.
- Help educate and onboard new clients on how LMNO works, the role and impact that strong strategy and creative play in their business, and best practices to develop great work.
- Build a team within Client Services - lead recruitment and retention efforts, as well as training and development.
- Work to ensure creative, strategy and marketing leaders play a part in the ongoing conversations with the client.
- Define and refine agency best practices for client service excellence.
- Maintain a high-level contact, develop relationships with clients with the ability to hold clients accountable.
- Help determine and manage senior client expectations; increase client satisfaction and engagement through providing ongoing education, feedback loops and business guidance.
- Identify and develop new opportunities with existing clients to continually increase organic growth and build the clients business.
- Work with other agency leaders to determine the strategic direction and tone for client accounts.
- Always looking for new ways to contribute to overall agency and client profitability.
- Reviews strategies and creative, and make recommendations where appropriate and necessary, keeping in mind client and agency goals.
- Play a significant role in agency business development - both organic and net new.
Who you are
- An energetic leader for our client services team who plays an active role in day-to-day agency work.
- You have a strong understanding of marketing, with a deep appreciation for the difference between a good idea and one that is great.
- You have an appreciation for the creative and strategic process needed to make things happen.
- An empathetic leader who can look at situations, ideas and approaches from multiple points of view.
- You are not afraid to have honest conversations and are invested in both the people you work with and the industry as a whole.
- A thorough understanding of the competitive landscape - what is getting noticed and what is winning awards and getting results.
- You demonstrate a passion for business and problem-solving, and you excel at nurturing and building lasting relationships - both with agency teams and clients.
What you bring
- Minimum 10 years agency experience in client-facing roles.
- Experience of managing, developing and mentoring a team.
- An understanding that the agency’s reputation is built upon its strategic and creative work, keeping the goals of the agency and the client at top-of-mind.
- Exemplary client service skills with the ability to maintain and build client relationships.
- In-depth understanding of all communication, advertising and marketing disciplines.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills in dealing with senior stakeholders.
- Fluent, clear and articulate in verbal communication.
- Confident and able to take charge of a situation when appropriate.
- Ability to lead, motivate and influence others.