Western Horse Review is a 20-year-old Canadian niche publication with an energetic and active brand, and a loyal readership. We are looking for a Circulation Marketing Manager with a strong background in magazine circulation, great creative ideas and capable analytical skills, to expand the readership of the magazine.
This is a part-time, long-term contract position, the selected candidate will be working out of his or her home office, and meet regularly in the Calgary area with the publisher and magazine team.
- Work on the development and implementation of innovative campaigns to drive subscription volume growth and margins – both in print and online.
- Oversee retention programs
- Manage email campaigns and other web based campaigns
- Analyze results and provide feedback and recommendations
- Work in close collaboration with sales force to drive retail sales
- Prepare budget, quarterly forecasts and end-project reports
- Compile semi-annual CCAB and CMCA audit reports
- Source out and complete funding applications
- Work closely with newsstand distributors both nationally and regionally to increase newsstand presence
- Analyze competitive trends
- Liaise with fulfillment house for customer service, renewals and invoice selection and other day to day activities
- Work closely with mailing house and printers