Business Marketing Consultant full-time
Reporting to the Manager, Marketing solutions, this position has a strong understanding of business banking sales targets, brand position, and the business banking value proposition and is responsible for developing, implementing and evaluating strategic, results-driven and cost-effective marketing campaigns and programs. These will include advertising, promotions, targeted direct marketing, events, digital tactics, PR, communications, corporate reputation and sponsorships initiatives. In collaboration with the Business Banking Vice President and Regional Managers, this position develops, executes and monitors the results of an annual Business Banking Marketing Plan. Based on the monthly business results, this position initiates discussions with the Business Banking Vice President and Regional Managers to adjust the marketing plan, developing campaigns and initiatives to respond to the business results as required. This position takes customer, market and product intelligence (both primary and secondary) and utilizes it in the delivery of effective and results-driven marketing programs. This position is also responsible for integrating the Servus value proposition and segmentation findings into all business banking marketing programs, coaching the Business Banking Vice President and Regional Managers and, where required, their direct reports on its interpretation and integration.
This position collaborates heavily with all other areas of the marketing department in the activation of campaigns and initiatives, ensuring, in particular, that all other functional areas within the department are considered in the development of marketing plans.
This position applies ROI metrics in the evaluation of business banking marketing strategies’ success and integrates these results into the development of future initiatives.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
Business Banking Operations
- Thoroughly understands the business banking product/service offer, sales targets, monthly business results, trade area, member profile, target market, key competitors, industry trends, and value proposition.
- Works closely with the Brand team in the development of marketing campaigns and initiatives.
- Works closely with the Insights and Product team to understand, analyze and integrate member and market data.
- Identifies business banking marketing opportunities based on up-to-date member, competitor and market information and recommends action when appropriate.
- Works closely with business banking including the Vice President and Regional Managers to develop and update annual business banking marketing plans and the associated budgets.
- Develops, implements and evaluates agreed-upon marketing strategies including close collaboration with all other marketing functions to deliver cohesive programs.
- Works closely with retail operations in the development of Members First-based meetings in a box for each campaign or initiative.
- Contributes to the annual Business Banking Marketing Budget.
- Calculates and reports on the ROI of business banking marketing initiatives in a timely manner.
- Rolls out campaigns and initiatives to the business banking group and, where appropriate, the retail branch network at least one week prior to their launch.
- Collaborates with Manager, Marketing Solutions and, when necessary, the Brand team, in the delivery of high-quality marketing campaigns and initiatives.
- Collaborates with Corporate Social Responsibility to incorporate Community Investment initiatives in business banking marketing programs when feasible.
- Collaborates with Corporate Communications for support on some initiatives to ensure consistency in language and tone.
KEY EFFECTIVENESS SKILLS
- A solid understand of the marketing mix.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to deal effectively with people on a collaborative basis.
- A solid knowledge of writing marketing briefs, developing, implementing and evaluating marketing strategies, client servicing, sales, branding, merchandising, advertising, promotions, direct marketing events, promotional PR, and sponsorships.
- Excellent client service skills, strategic consultation, and ability to educate others on the fundamentals of marketing.
- Ability to serve and work collaboratively with senior level clients and lead/work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong analytical skills; understands market and member data, sets measurable objectives and evaluates/reports on ROI.
- Good problem solving, innovation and decision-making skills.
- Good project management skills and ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Ability to give high attention to detail and strong commitment to follow-through.
- Superior team spirit; positive “can-do” and client-focused attitude, and the ability to build rapport with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Self-motivated and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office environment.
This position has frequent contact with the Vice President, Business Banking, the Business Banking Regional Managers, Directors and Department managers. He/she must understand the unique nature of business to consumer marketing and have the ability to provide research-based recommendations and guidance to senior management as required. This position will provide budget and marketing recommendations that directly impact brand awareness and sales/growth targets and collaborate on their activation. This position has no direct reports.
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION
- 5+ years experience in the marketing field with solid knowledge of business to business marketing, sales, branding, merchandising, advertising, promotions, direct marketing, events, promotional PR, sponsorships, creative development and execution.
- A solid understanding of Business to Business Marketing.
- Has worked in a strategic manner with senior level clients.
- Has budget development and expense monitoring experience.
- Experience in the financial industry is an asset.
- A university degree related to marketing.
Other Special Requirements:
- Some overtime and evening/weekend work required.
- Ability to travel throughout Alberta is required.