Shikatani Lacroix is one of North America’s leading branding and design agencies working in within the retail, corporate andconsumer package goods sectors. Our firm has seen significant growth in thepast three years and we are adding more depth to our brand consulting servicesto meet the needs of its current and future clients. We are looking for an experienced brandstrategist to help develop theoverarching client strategy and manage the development of each consultingproject from the insights and foresight stages through to assisting the designteam in ensuring an effective execution. Shikatani Lacroix has established aformal process for positioning and naming and the ideal candidate will have theability to execute with excellence within our approach. The brand strategistwill also work with the creative, account management, and executional teams toprovide the client with the best possible branding advise that will help growtheir business. The brand strategist is also one of the drivers of new businessdevelopment with their intrinsic involvement in newbusiness pitches.
Desired Skills & Experience
The brand strategist will report to the VP ofClient Service and the President, namely:
- Identify brand opportunities and issues with athorough understanding of business trends including consumer behavior, thecompetitive landscape, and technological developments.
- Collaborate with internal parties in thedevelopment of brand strategies that support the client’s brand position whileacquiring and engaging customers.
- Work independently as may be needed to executeproject work with only moderate levels of steering and guidance.
- Extract meaningful consumer insight from primaryand secondary research.
- Collaborate effectively with internal and externalparties to ensure the buy-in and support of key project stakeholders.
- Manage positioning workshops, including moderatingthe sessions, helping craft the recommendations and conclusions.
- Lead brainstorming sessions on product innovationand naming
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Demonstrated innovation in Brand Development/BrandManagement
- Prior retail/consumer industry experience preferred
- Ideally strong design experience
- Ability to adapt to rapidly shifting priorities ina fast-paced environment, respond quickly to changing business needs/timelines,maintain relentless attention to detail, and complete quality projects on time
Experience / Education:
- 5-7 years experience marketing, advertising andbrand building
- Undergraduate degree from a strong institution withhigh GPA; MBA degree preferred
Summary:Formulates an experience strategy for clients and translates it into aninspiring brand concept for architecture and design. Leads integratedinternal teams through projects with hands-on participation to create the finalstrategy and concept that helps differentiate our client’s brands.
Shikatani Lacroix is a multi-disciplinary branding and design firm with expertise in identity, corporate communication, packaging, brand experiences, wayfinding and naming. Although we provide a wide range of services, our core offering is problem solving. From helping brands better connect with consumers to finding a better way to market a product or services, our firm has a reputation for being creative and out-of-the-box thinkers.