Lafarge in Canada is proud to provide construction solutions in the buildings, infrastructure and industrial segments. These solutions are built with high performance products from our cement, aggregates, ready-mix concrete, asphalt and road construction, and concrete products divisions. From the use of alternative materials and recycling to renewable energy, Lafarge's focus is to develop innovative products that can contribute toward sustainably constructed building solutions. Lafarge takes personal growth and development to heart, and provides resources for our employees to take control of their own careers. Through our commitment to communities, to the health and safety of our employees and their families, or through the many volunteer hours of our employees, Lafarge demonstrates our care for people. If you want to work in an environment that values hard work, entrepreneurship, and collaborative teamwork, Lafarge is for you. Building Better Cities is what we do. Come Build a Better Career with us!
The Brand & Marketing Communications Manager is responsible for developing and implementing marketing promotional and branding materials and tools designed to support business building initiatives across Canada. As part of the North American region, he / she is also responsible for ensuring consistency in all communications materials and for leveraging any potential synergies in communications across the region.
Working closely with the local Growth & Innovation teams, the Brand & Marketing Communications Manager plans and delivers external communications to our customers and other stakeholders, designed to positively impact and differentiate the external brand image, to create value for the businesses and to drive sales.
Specifically, the Brand & Marketing Communications Manager is responsible for producing content and a content strategy, for developing and managing new websites, for SEO, SMM, ads, newsletters, brochures, sales tools, and sponsorship support material, as well as for managing events and tradeshows and other marketing communications activities and tools.
This role will also develop and implement the communications plans for any new commercial brands for segmented solution, service and product offers. This may include proposing a relevant visual identity for these brands. This role is also responsible for ensuring the execution of the positioning of global product brands in alignment with Group guidelines.
- Develop and execute a content strategy
- Develop and manage websites
- Update and manage internal visual asset library
- Develop and execute SEO strategies and plans
- Introduce and execute a SMM strategy and plan
- Write, design and execute customer newsletters
- Develop and execute media plans
- Develop and execute promotional activities
- Coordinate trade show activity
- Work closely with Segment Marketing Teams to develop commercial brands, communication platforms and go-to-market plans for segment / service / product offers
- Help develop commercial brand plans that ladder up to the corporate brand and positioning
- Manage external suppliers (vendors, contractors, freelancers)
- Manager Growth & Innovation intranet presence
- Provide input into and support team on annual country marketing plans
- Manage key metrics tracking
- Analyze and report on the Marketing communications budget
- Liaise with North American counterparts to ensure opportunities and synergies are leveraged around marketing communications
- Other tasks as assigned
Relationship with Other Jobs:
- Work very closely with Canadian Growth & Innovation Team
- Work closely and in alignment with counterpart(s) in the North American Region
- Work closely with other internal clients requiring external communication support (e.g. HR, Safety)
- Manage external suppliers
- Undergraduate degree in Graphic Design, Communications, Marketing, or equivalent
- 7-10 years’ experience in a relevant CPG, retail, service industry or agency role
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in planning, writing and executing marketing material
Experience and Skill Set:
- Creative thinker, with a track record of translating strategies into action plans and output.
- Advanced graphic design skills
- Experience with both digital and print media
- Project Management skills and experience
- Disciplined and process-oriented, but flexible
- Very savvy in the online space
- Excellent PowerPoint, graphic design and web development skills
- Superior writing skills
- Ability to manage complex relationships.
- Ability to work through others & create enthusiasm
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Resourceful; ability to execute with limited means
- Action oriented; results oriented
- Ability to operate effectively both strategically and tactically
- Demonstrated experience in managing a comprehensive strategic marketing communications plan to advance the organization's goals
Job-Specific Competency Profile:
- Business Acumen
- Technical Skills
- Innovation & Creativity
- Presentation Skills
- Results oriented
As the world leader in the building materials industry, LafargeHolcim Ltd and its subsidiaries have the assets necessary to meet the building and design challenges of today’s increasing urbanization. Globally, LafargeHolcim has 115,000 employees, a well-balanced local presence in 90 countries and combined net sales of CHF 33 billion (EUR 27 billion) in 2014. With the most innovative cement, concrete, and aggregates solutions, strong R&D and a commitment to health, safety, and sustainability, LafargeHolcim has the building solutions to meet customers’ needs, from the individual homebuilder to the largest and most complex project. We are committed to drive sustainable solutions for better building and infrastructure while contributing to a higher quality of life. We are positioned to deliver on this commitment.