EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies around the world.
In Canada, the Brand, Marketing and Communications (BMC) team is responsible for enhancing EY’s brand and reputation in the external market by creating a truly high performing culture at the firm with teaming at its core and strengthening relationships with stakeholders. This team works closely with senior leaders of the firm to promote all the main functions of the organization, with a focus on industry sectors and service lines.
The BMC Specialist is a member of the national BMC team that develops strategies and materials to contribute to the ways in which we rally our teams around our business strategy and the distinctive brand we present to our people, our clients and our communities.
The BMC Specialist will support, promote and enhance EY’s internal and external identity by developing and executing strategic relationships, advising on internal communications strategies, leading engagement initiatives, assessing sponsorships, identifying branding/advertising opportunities, and supporting other large scale projects consistent with the national marketing goals of the firm. This position will be specifically part of the Energy Market Segment, which includes Calgary, Edmonton and Saskatoon.
Working closely with the local BMC Assistant Director and team, Market Segment Leader, Office Managing Partners and BMC colleagues across Canada, and globally, this role will be expected to build strong relationships with key executives and acquire the subject matter expertise necessary to be a strategic advisor on all areas of Brand, Marketing and Communications
Develop and write a wide range of strategic communications that are reflective of the firm’s business strategy, go-to-market approach, purpose and values. Deliverables may include, but are not limited to, communications plans, presentations, leadership messages, internal news, site content, editorial copy and video scripts.
Lead local projects, ensuring high-quality development and execution of strategy and communications materials from start to finish in a fast-paced environment, often on tight timelines.
Advise leadership on how to best communicate messages, educating internal clients on best practices and selecting appropriate communication vehicles.
Work in partnership with other marketing and communications teams, such as alumni relations, oil and gas, power and utilities, advertising, corporate responsibility etc., to optimize marketing and communications opportunities.
Work closely with graphic designers and translators.
Act as a brand champion, ensuring all communications pieces and programs support the firm’s brand and business strategy.
Identify, write and post all local stories in the internal news system, branding screens and leadership social media.
Support projects in other areas of the local and national BMC teams as needed.
To qualify, candidates must have:
- A university degree or college diploma in Corporate Communications, Business, Journalism or a related field.
- Four to seven years of professional communications experience.
- Well-developed communication skills, with the ability to understand and communicate complex ideas persuasively and efficiently through print, digital and spoken channels.
- Demonstrated experience project management, planning and supporting strategic communications campaigns.
- Adaptable, deadline-driven, result-oriented; a strong project manager with the ability to manage multiple priorities within tight timelines.
- Ability to build relationships with key stakeholders across the organization, with a focus on value-added service.
- A team-player with a strong desire to learn and collaborate as part of an integrated team.
- Keen interest in communications overall, with an understanding of best practices and latest approaches.
- High proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite and working knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint. Intermediate knowledge of layout and graphic design principles an asset.