ZAG Group is a high energy entrepreneurial company of big thinkers and big doers – we make the impossible possible! Our business units and brands are uniquely positioned in the nutraceutical and botanical beverage space and are aimed at helping to improve the way modern consumers use ethnopharmacology to deal with conditions such as stress, anxiety, and pain. Our purpose is “innovating to enhance the way people experience and enjoy their lives” by harnessing the relationship between nature and science.
We have experienced unprecedented growth over the last number of years (our revenue has exploded to the tune of 400% year over year since 2012) and we now have 130 full time employees across Canada and the US. Our aggressive growth strategy is focused on growing our market share in North America and expanding the reach to international markets. To do this, we need amazingly talented people who have genuine passion for natural products and the desire to be part of a fast paced, entrepreneurial company.
We are working on building a blue chip company with a world class team of qualified scientific, supply chain, regulatory, QA and Government Relations. The Brand Manager is an integral part of our marketing team and we are looking for a dynamic marketer to bring our brands to the forefront of the beverage industry.
- All strategic and tactical plans for the brands
- Deliver the Revenue and Profit agreed to the annual Marketing plans
- Manage and execute the Marketing Plans for consumer brand strategy across all points of contact, including events, experience, market launch and media
- Manage and execute the marketing tactics across all points of contact, including events, experience, market launch and media
- Pull together and secure alignment to the issues and direction that the brand should take via annual Business Review, regular/month Brand Reviews and any/all analysis needed on a timely basis to stay on top of trends and emerging opportunities and issues
- Gather and manage all market data relating to direct and indirect competitors, driving brand health and SKU growth in creative and powerful ways
- Create and manage the marketing calendar with assessment of results by period including event marketing, sales promotions, seasonal tactics and media programs
- Ensure the most compelling and competitive market by offering and refining the marketing mix, market tactics and supporting sales tactics
- Manage relationships with contracts and channel partners and third party suppliers in multiple markets
- Manage the budget
- Lead the Project management and/or agency and/or Project teams and cross functional teams;
- Manage all the elements of the Marketing mix: product, pricing, promotion, advertising, merchandising, media, online etc.
- Seize opportunities to increase awareness, demand and revenue
- Experience working under a guerrilla budget and linking back activity to results.
- Success in launching new brands or significantly expanding a brand quickly
- Experience in promotions, advertising and trade channel support experience
- Great with analytics and getting insights from systems data (IRI, AC Nielsen, Sales data, forecasting, etc.)
- Proficient with MS Office Suite
- Experience in creating 3 marketing plans then taking the plan through execution and results
- Recent US experience in neutraceuticals, supplements
- Highly skilled communicator: concise, clear, effective
- Strong understanding of marketing theory
- Marketing Fundamentals: Research and testing
- Marketing Fundamentals: Advertising and media
- Marketing Fundamentals: Online and promotion
- Experience with P&L
- 3-5 years of experience in managing brands in CPG or other brands
- Project Management experience
In return for your expertise, we offer an industry leading compensation package which includes an Executive Profit Share Plan, possible stock options, extended health benefits, 3 weeks’ vacation, and discretional sabbaticals and a multitude additional perks (education and transit subsidies; paid personal days etc).
The best part about working for ZAG is the people. We are a bit crazy and like to have a lot of fun. We volunteer through our corporate giving program – Heartbeats which ZAG has pledged to donate at least 1% of annual revenues. We love dogs (we have a dog friendly office!) and we have an office piranha. We run, we drum, we play beach volleyball in the summer, and we have office massages every Friday. We compete with each other for company funded trips to places like Costa Rica, but essentially we are a like-minded group of ambitious hard-workers who believe in ZAG’s vision and will do what it takes to get to where we need to go!