Metrolinxis an agency of the Government of Ontario and oversees GO Transit, PRESTO and the Union Pearson Express. Our mission is to champion and deliver mobility solutions which enhance the prosperity, sustainability and quality of life for the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area. As one of Greater Toronto’s Top Employers, Metrolinx is a diverse and dynamic organization where employees embody our values: Playing as a Team, Serving with Passion, and Thinking Forward. Join us as we transform the way the region moves.
Our Brand & Marketing Office is seeking a Brand Manager, Union Pearson Express responsible for developing, implementing, and ensuring the successful execution of the annual brand and marketing strategy.
Working with a team of specialists, they will drive strategic project goals, production and media strategy. They will champion the customer and strive for a keen understanding of attitudes, beliefs and data to translate these insights into compelling and effective brand and marketing strategies. This team works closely with the Chief Customer and Marketing Officer, Customer Experience, Business Partnerships and cross-divisional teams and act as the primary champion of their brand portfolio with a deep understanding of the brand as a business system.
What can I expect to do in this role?
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Brand Portfolio, you will:
- Develops the annual brand and marketing strategy and budget for the brand to ensure alignment with strategic corporate priorities
- Manages the brand’s annual budget to deliver omni-channel, integrated brand and marketing strategies to deliver strong ROI and fiscal responsibility
- Manages a team to ensure the delivery of day-to-day activities associated with brand and marketing efforts (e.g. project management, creative direction, cross-divisional implementation)
- Drive cross – functional integration to identify opportunities and ensure an effective brand and marketing mix and focusing on brand elements that impact customer interactions
- Develops high quality and effective brand and marketing strategies that align correctly with the overall brand strategy including promotional/educational campaigns, initiatives, events to drive ridership and revenue and/or achieve priority objectives for the brand;
- Represents the brand for the CMO office and across the organization, with deep understanding and functional knowledge of the product/service development roadmap, operations, risks/opportunities and stakeholder environment
- Oversees the planning, creative development, execution and evaluation of all-public facing promotional and marketing activities for the brand
- Analyzes market research to understand performance of brand and marketing initiatives, oversees creative brief drafts and development, post-campaign evaluation to lead creative and integrated brand and marketing campaigns; produces monthly, quarterly and annual performance reports and provides insight to the progress of the brand against established KPIs
- Strives for high-quality marketing campaigns and branding strategies that identify the best opportunities to promote and enhance public/consumer understanding and awareness
- Strong advertising and media agency management to drive breakthrough creative and innovative media strategies (traditional, digital, social and activations)
- Manages development of the “look and feel” as the champion of the brand (e.g. for key products across corporate campaigns, products, publications, and digital presence) to maintain brand integtity across all touchpoints
- Works closely with functional managers in Finance and Procurement Services. Monitors and provides analysis on forecasted versus actual ridership and revenue projections across Metrolinx brands.
- Partners with the business development team to drive strategic decision making on B2B relationship development, brand-alignment on retail opportunities, sponsorship ROI and activation, content integration and product customization to align with brand strategy.
Location: 10 Bay Street, Toronto
File Number: BRA0007
How do I qualify?
- Completion of a degree in Marketing, Communications, or a related discipline or a combination of education, training and experience deemed equivalent
- Minimum 10 years’ progressive experience toward leading branding, communications, marketing, or advertising functions
- Experience with brand, social marketing, and advertising, with a strong client orientation, to meet internal client needs
- Ability to recognize, understand and interpret customer behavior, brand strategies, channel and customer needs
- Managing strategic advertising or marketing functions with a track record of positively raising an organization’s profile
- Excellent tact, diplomacy, political acuity, and understanding of the public “pulse”
- Strategic planning and project execution to manage multiple and changing priorities with competing deadlines
- Experience managing vendors offering professional services
- Managing and leading people and developing and motivating staff to guide and manage staff and contractors
- Interpersonal and oral/written/presentation skills to develop and implement Metrolinx’s corporate brand and marketing strategy and guidelines
- You have demonstrated leadership experience/capacity building teams and mentoring staff to become a high performing unit and deliver on results in a high volume / high velocity environment.
- You exhibit judgement and political acuity when responding to sensitive issues and tasks requiring your delegation, or your direct involvement.
- You have demonstrated that you can plan strategically within the context of the big picture and use your creativity to champion new ideas and transform the way business is delivered.
- You have proven ability to create a working environment that is aligned with the organization’s desire to be a “best company to work for”, ensuring that people resources possess the required skills, are properly aligned, and are provided with the resources to do the job
- You monitor the achievement of performance objectives, developing and implementing action plans to address gaps in performance
- You put the customer first.
- You are a politically astute, savvy communicator with demonstrated ability to clearly anticipate and assess issues and make appropriate recommendations for marketing communications.
- You have demonstrated experience leading briefings to senior officials and can successfully and professionally represent the organization at stakeholder meetings and agency briefings.
- You develops marketing and communications tools for business units for easy day-to-day adaptation
- You ensure consistency of messaging and brand alignment across all media channels, communications and advertisements
- You have proven ability to manage complex relationships and maintain key contacts at all levels of government, central agencies and other partner organizations.
- You have demonstrated the political acuity needed to facilitate a smooth process of negotiating and achieving consensus among internal and external stakeholders with diverse agendas.
- You are client-centric and can rapidly build credibility with senior management and key stakeholders to achieve results.
- You have worked closely with cross – functional teams to support the development and execution of brand and marketing requirements that meet both business area and corporate objectives
Project Management and Implementation:
- You have experience providing technical input and advice by leading complex projects and by connecting priorities through multiple channels and ministry/government priorities, through to successful completion.
- You demonstrate acuity when delivering project management advice and demonstrate flexibility to address industry best practices and ensure alignment with communication initiatives.
- You achieve objectives and manage project and department activities within time and budgetary limits and that anticipated business results are achieved
- Supports administration of a brand and marketing budget while exercising fiscal restraint