Founded in 1856, Burberry is a luxury brand with a distinctive British sensibility and strong international recognition. Headquartered in London and listed on the London Stock Exchange Burberry continues to create new opportunities for growth and development.
Establish a constant focus on Brand, continually driving engagement, knowledge and passion for the Brand across the store team.
Be on the shop floor
- Be a presence leading on the shop floor, acting as a brand ambassador and role modelling Burberry behaviours
- Monitor, coach and provide feedback to the store team to deliver excellent customer experience
- Maintain a luxury environment, ensuring excellent execution and maintenance of Visual Merchandising guidelines across the store
- Drive the use of digital assets to enhance the customer experience
Retain and develop talent
- Lead, inspire and manage a high performing, positive store team
- Continually elevate the capability of the store team through recruitment, staff development, mobility and effective succession planning.
- Establish a learning culture and maintain a strong connection of the store team to the Brand.
- Have excellent product knowledge and drive the same standard across the store team
- Maintain a strong understanding of product sales performance and optimise sales of the available inventory
Nurture customer relationships
- Establish and embed customer focused behaviours across the store team
- Build and cultivate long term customer relationships and lead the team to do the same
Drive store performance and productivity
- Build and maintain familiarity with the local external environment; customers, competitors and talent.
- Maintain a commercial mindset and continually identify and convert opportunities to drive store performance
- Drive operational excellence across all areas of the store
- Ensure compliance with all corporate standards, policies and initiatives<
The ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum of 1.5 year of retail experience as a General Manager or 3 years previous experience as an Assistant General Manager: preferably in a luxury retail environment
- Strong clienteling background
- Willing to work in and promote a team oriented environment
- Must have strong leadership skills and demonstrate a strong leadership background
- Excellent interpersonal skills required to ensure clear, effective communication with all management and staff. Consistently show a positive attitude & take responsibility for own actions
- Must be results driven and flexible to change
- Advanced knowledge of POS System and basic computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Must have balanced strengths in operations, merchandising and personnel management
From the moment that you join our team we aspire to make your employment experience a memorable and engaging one. Our people are passionate and proud of Burberry and our product; this energy, attitude and spirit define us. If you are energetic, hardworking and thrive in a collaborative and fast paced environment then please apply with a CV and covering letter, stating your salary details.