Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
Are you passionate about the food and beverage industry? Do you have extensive experience generating creative ideas that have made a meaningful difference to the organization? Are you comfortable thinking inside and outside the box to generate meaningful business approaches for an organization? Do you want to contribute to growing one of Canada’s Top 50 Best Workplaces?
At Campbell Company of Canada, we believe that excellent people truly make a difference and together we aim for a legacy of accomplishment second to none. We've made a career of searching for the best, the brightest and the most promising professionals - at every level and in every specialty. Powered by a 'Can Do' attitude, our employees move with purpose, lead with integrity and are passionate about quality and growth.
We have an exciting opportunity in Toronto on our Marketing Team for a Brand Manager – New Product Strategy Reporting to the Sr. Director of Innovation & Insights, the successful candidate will be responsible for the development and early commercialization of long term Innovation strategies and initiatives.
This candidate would be heavily involved in the generation of new product concepts by leveraging on-going consumer research whether custom or syndicated. The Brand Manager will also have an important leadership role on the multi-functional commercial team and will require a keen ability to build relationships across many levels of the Campbell Company of Canada as well as externally with our Insights team and agency partners.
Following are the key accountabilities of this role:
Responsible for leading a cross functional team and forging a close partnership with Campbells Canada R&D and Consumer Insights as well as collaborating with Global peers in the front-end development and commercialization of breakthrough Innovation platforms. Responsible for managing and adhering to a critical path in partnership with a business process manager.
Concept writing, Insights mining and Positioning
- Responsible for generating Innovation concepts and briefing on the project objectives for consumer insight and syndicated requirements.
- The Brand Manager will lead the development of disruptive positioning that leverages fresh and compelling consumer insights including the identification and validation of the key tenants of the innovation proposition including the price, pack, planogram, branding architecture and the key consumer target and benefits.
- As lead, the Brand Manager will also be accountable for the identification of high opportunity white space inclusive of mining and synthesizing diverse sources of custom and syndicated data.
Creative Problem Solving
- With a “Can Do” attitude and a “Creativity” mindset, the Brand Manager will be a dynamic member of both the marketing team and the commercial team, using his/her strong analytical skills combined with breakthrough thinking to develop powerful insights and commercialization solutions.
Executing with Excellence
- The successful Brand Manager will possess the ability to balance attention to detail with speed-to-market.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and experience:
- Post-secondary degree in Business (preference will be given to B.Comm, B. Business Admin/ MBA)
- At least 5 years experience in Consumer Packaged Goods with Tier 1 training (with a minimum 2-3 years spent in food categories).
- Direct experience in ground-up Insight development.
- Proven strategic thinker who is comfortable with ambiguity and comfortable developing a strategic 3-year roadmap based on facts and business acumen.
- Experience independently managing projects involving multiple stakeholders, overcoming obstacles to execute with excellence
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to translate key insights into compelling action
- Experience generating creative solutions that have made a meaningful difference to the organization
- Be an independent self-starter who thrives on tackling challenges
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Strong financial acumen building bottom-up, assumptive-based P&Ls
- Ability to understand consumers and to empathize with those unlike themselves
- A proven track record as a strong project leader and excellent communicator
- Have a track record of challenging conventions and an ability to initiate action
- Team player with strong people skills and a proven ability to build relationships at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrates energetic leadership, using a ‘can-do’ attitude that positively influences and energizes their team
- Previous advertising/media experience an asset
- Packaging development and promotion experience required