Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers began as a family-run business in Kelowna, Canada. Three brothers -- Dave, Ken and John -- conducted their first auction in 1958, selling $2,000 of inventory from their furniture store to pay a bank debt. Spurred by success, the brothers began conducting more auctions, eventually progressing beyond furniture and into industrial equipment. Flash forward 50 years, and Ritchie Bros. is now the world’s largest industrial auctioneer. We’re publicly traded on the TSE and NYSE. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, we have over 110 locations in North America, Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Australia. We offer stable, rewarding careers for people just like Dave, Ken and John -- people who strive to achieve big goals, and who inspire others to do the same.
Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers Marketing Group has an immediate opening for a Brand Manager, based at our global head office in south Burnaby, British Columbia. This is a 1 year contract to cover a maternity leave.
What we offer:
Our success is built on the drive, initiative and dedication of our people. As we continue to grow around the globe, there are endless opportunities to advance your career – we’ve proven this throughout our 50+ years in business. And, we’ll help you achieve your own professional goals. Here’s how:
- Base salary plus paid overtime.
- Group RRSP and Employee Share Purchase plan both with company match.
- Access to our free onsite gym and various types of fitness programs.
- Subsidized onsite Daycare and Cafeteria.
- Access to the employee lounge where you’ll find an Xbox, comfortable couches and a great atmosphere.
- Proximity to Fraser River walking trails.
- Free parking.
Covering a maternity leave, this contract position will report to the Director, Marketing, and is ideal for a bright, marketing-savvy professional who understands the importance of a cohesive brand strategy in an international, customer-driven company. It is a great opportunity for someone who can play nice with colleagues in sales, marketing, operations, business intelligence, research, and, most importantly, customers.
- Maintains a comprehensive brand management strategy to increase customer experience, brand equity, as well as market position and performance.
- Executes projects and research that support the brand management strategies.
- Collaborates with various managers and teams on the brand strategies as well as applied tactical brand initiatives such as campaigns, research, segmentation, media and measurement.
- Develops and leads external brand measurement projects including research, audits, touch point mapping, positioning studies, and equity.
- Brings the brand guide to life across the enterprise through relevant advocacy, education, presentations, and interactions tied to cultural and functional areas.
- Proactively filters marketing communications initiatives for strategic brand fit and advises on ad hoc branding requests; be the go-to resource for brand strategy.
- Working with Human Resources, provides resources and advocacy to support the internal employer brand.
- Working with the Legal Group, develops and implements a brand asset protocol to manage brand assets, trademarks and co-branding initiatives.
- Advises on strategic corporate sponsorships and community involvement.
- Acts as the steward, advocate and voice for the brand, inside and outside of the company.
Here’s what you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or marketing communications.
- At least 5 years demonstrated experience in a related role or industry.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple complex projects, budgets and operations.
- Characteristics include: genuinely customer focused; personable, persuasive communicator; assertive strategic thinker; independently results oriented and creative; very strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Expert Office desktop software skills.
It is important for you to note:
- Some limited overtime may be required for this role.
- Some limited international travel may be required.