Vega is a high-growth, natural health food and supplement company on Profit Magazine’s Profit 100 list of fastest growing companies the last five years with a passion for people. Our premium, award-winning brand is at the forefront of the plant-based, whole food revolution. Named one of Canada’s Best Workplaces in Canada for 2014, we honor a triple bottom line approach to business placing emphasis on people, planet and performance. Join a great team atmosphere with a driven, vivacious group of people.
An exciting and challenging position exists as a Brand Manager at Vega’s head office in Burnaby, BC. Reporting to the Senior Brand Manager, you will be responsible for the development and execution of marketing plans and programs that will grow our flagship Vega One brand.
Responsibilities include writing annual brand plans, market and program analysis, budgeting, cross functional promotional planning, leading new product launches, developing advertising creative and identifying channel, format and product opportunities. This position provides leadership to and works closely with all other departments in the company including Trade, Public Relations, Digital, Operations, Education and Creative teams.
You take your job seriously while having fun at work with the Vega team. You value integrity and are performance driven; you take ownership and show initiative in everything you do. You not only love the culture, but contribute to it.
- Works with various cross-functional departments on developing and executing brand strategy, programs and innovation.
- Analyzes brand performance to identify new marketing, packaging and product opportunities.
- Utilizes internal creative team and external agencies to develop retail POS, packaging, consumer messaging and promotions while securing legal and regulatory approval with respect to the above.
- Analyzes data to identify business issues and provides recommendations for business improvements.
- Works with other departments to prepare market research programs for product development, plan packaging improvements and develop plans for sales.
- Develops and presents annual brand plans, activation plans and business reviews.
Skills & Qualifications
- Business Degree in Marketing (or equivalent)
- Senior Assistant Brand Manager or Junior Brand Manager candidates with a minimum of 3 years marketing experience
- Experience in the consumer packaged goods industry is required
- Experience working closely with both internal and external stakeholders including outside agencies to develop strategies and plans to launch new products and marketing communication programs to drive consumption
- Proven track record as a creative and strategic thinker
- Amazing written, presentation and verbal communication skills with a strong attention to detail
- Proven track record in balancing immediate and long-term priorities
- Well organized with strong project management skills
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to pull out key, meaningful insights
- Performance-driven and thrives in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Proactive and always looking for opportunities to take initiative and improve both for the company and yourself
- Goal-oriented- known for your integrity and always do what you say you will
- Team player with ability and willingness to accept and provide feedback
- Outgoing, enthusiastic, and engaging
VEGA “Must Haves”
- You have an unrelenting desire to achieve
- You are successful and happy in all areas of your life
- The outdoors isn’t just the place between your car and house
- You have a sense of humor and passion for health and wellness
- You love to have fun, but take your responsibilities seriously
- You live the Vega brand
Benefits of Working for Vega
- Competitive compensation plan
- Open Book Management
- Healthy food and smoothies provided
- In-house Kitchen Chef to prepare daily lunches
- Monthly Vega product at no cost
- Profit Sharing
- Performance Bonuses
- Group MSP – 100% coverage
- Parental leave top up program
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Flexible Extended Health/Dental Plan
- Fitness Subsidy
- Education Fund
- Group RRSP Matching