YVR is made up of a team of diverse people who are working collaboratively to reach our goal of 29 million passengers by 2020. Safety is at the core of everything we do; we’re innovative, fun and we invest in our people. We’re a BC Top Employer for 12 years standing, with high engagement scores, an abundance of learning and development opportunities and a holistic approach to wellness. And we’re looking for someone to join our team.
We have a permanent, full-time opportunity for a Brand Experience Curator. Reporting to the Manager, Brand Marketing, the successful candidate is talented and ambitious and will help in the development of strategy and execution of an exciting vision for our growing airport. This opportunity will provide the right person with a chance to manage the largest privately owned collection of Indigenous art on public display, develop and introduce year-round musical entertainment, search out the coolest and most unique temporary design and art installations and help set YVR apart as a destination airport.
Our ideal candidate has an eye for design and can directly transform high-level requirements into beautiful, intuitive and functional products. You have sharp attention to detail, can manage a full year of seasonal campaigns, digital media installations and contracted service providers. Above all, you have excellent relationship building skills working cross functionally with teams and stakeholders.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing and executing a multi-year strategy that plans interactive experiences throughout the terminal complex year-round through a robust content calendar
- Enhancing YVR’s award winning Sense of Place with thematic art, , music, programming and displays, ensuring that art and experiential activities fit within YVR’s overall master brand and operational requirements
- Leveraging the interactive experiences through social media and communications platforms to generate awareness and positive impressions about YVR
- Managing YVR Art program, including managing contracts for maintenance and care of existing art pieces, rotating art pieces and coordinating long-term plans
- Liaising with the YVR Art Foundation, enhancing their vision, leveraging opportunity for artists to exhibit and work at the airport
- Setting and overseeing annual budget
- Working with project managers to identify opportunities for Sense of Place elements from initial concept, design through to commissioning, installation and operation
- Developing strategic partnerships with various stakeholders to deliver unique opportunities with a strong professional network of peers within museum and artistic communities
Key qualifications include:
- At least five years’ experience in an art gallery environment or in event management, supplemented by a bachelor’s (or related) degree in curation, fine arts, graphic or industrial design, experiential marketing or retail design; or a combination of training and experience equivalent to at least 9 years
- Demonstrated experience in communications and the promotion of art or cultural experience, as well as in managing exhibition projects, from concept to design to installation
- Strong experience curating and programming digital and experiential art
- Proven experience working with both traditional art and digital media
- Operational experience, is a strong asset
- Highly creative with extensive experience animating a brand through cultural activations
- Exceptional planning and project management skills with the ability to work on multiple, concurrent projects and ensuring that deadlines are met while maintaining high creative standards
- Expert skills in relationship and stakeholder management, as well as excellent interpersonal skills with the ability build and maintain relationships at very high levels in and outside the organization
- Excellent writing skills
- Confident, engaging public presence with the ability to address museum audiences of diverse backgrounds, in both large and small settings, formal or informal
- High proficiency with Google Suite and MS Office, experience with collections management software and a welcoming disposition to embrace and learn new technology as needed
This position is open to both Vancouver Airport Authority employees and external candidates. Previous job performance will be taken into consideration for all candidates that apply for this position.
Vancouver Airport Authority welcomes applications from all qualified candidates, including women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations throughout the selection process and while working at YVR. If you require support applying online because you are a person with a disability, please contact us at 604-303-3152 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We welcome the opportunity to discuss accommodation of your disability and ensure fairness in our hiring process.
Reference no.: 18-55