G Adventures is seeking a brand storyteller with proven experience in implementing a brand’s voice through creative writing. To be considered for the role of Brand Copywriter, you will bring a well-rounded portfolio with experience in advertising, digital and direct-to-consumer (eg printed mail, email, blog and website copy) to the table. Your job will be to unearth and amplify the stories of the G Adventures brand in a way that is relevant and substantive. In short, you possess a talent for storytelling that integrates the voice and point of view of the brand.
Who are you? Your curiosity is infectious. You’re a self-starter with a talent for research and interviewing employees and travellers we believe personify the G Adventures brand. Your passion is inspiring. You have a talent for telling stories about travel and travellers that inspire and motivate others to travel with G Adventures.
- Produce intelligent, captivating and insightful content that reflects the brand’s personality and establishes a meaningful relationship with our travellers.
- Work closely with the Brand Marketing team to brainstorm ideas and concepts in order to produce original, relevant and insightful advertising headlines.
- Collaborate and assist in the development of branded marketing collateral.
- Compose written content for marketing initiatives across a range of channels, including headlines, tag lines, positioning statements, feature copy for articles, web content, emails, training materials, direct marketing materials and more.
- Ensure a consistent tone of voice across all communications.
- Develop first drafts from material that is occasionally spotty; organizing copy into cohesive and flowing ideas.
- Revise, edit and proofread large amounts of copy generated by other members of the Brand Marketing team, as required.
- Ad-hoc writing and marketing projects as they arise.
- 1+ years of demonstrated experience building a brand in support of an organization’s strategy.
- Strong critical thinker, able to translate a creative brief into compelling content that embodies marketing objectives.
- Ability to write engaging ad headlines, body copy and tag lines for a variety of audience, both online and off, with a range of objectives and within the brand’s existing voice.
- Excellent editing and proofreading skills with an eye for detail that ensures high quality deliverables every time.
- A strong understanding of copywriting principles, including writing for the web and SEO. Familiarity with SEO and SEM best practices an asset.
- Basic familiarity with content management systems, web development (HTML) and quality assurance procedures.
- HTML skills for minor editing within content-management systems and formatting articles.
- Superior time-management and organizational skills.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines in a fast paced environment.